Need help on Installing speaker

abkonnet
abkonnet Posts: 3
edited November 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi planned to fit MM6501 in my Tata indica Vista, I decided to fit in rear side of the vehicle. I already have pioneer CD/Mp3 player with 4 channel 50W(The speakers are powered by this). I later planned to fit a Sub woofer powered by amp. I need help on Its right to fit the MM6501 in rear Also what type of speaker can be fixed in front?. I don't know what size of speaker the car can accommodate in front. The factory let the space for front speaker in two top corner of dash board. or its nice to hear the audio only with the rear speaker with out any front speakers.
Post edited by abkonnet on

Comments

• arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited November 2009
    I dont think anyone here would know what an Indica Vista is, much less its stock locations. Powering the MM's off a hu is a waste of time.

For the record I think the stock location on the indica is under the dash and it takes a 4" driver. You cant fit the mm's there. Open the door panels to see if you can mount them on the door. You'll get better help on one of the local forums like bhp or carwale etc.
  • abkonnet
    abkonnet Posts: 3
    edited November 2009
    Thanks. I think to know about Indica vista one of the easy way is to enter this word in google and u can easily look its interior. So iam made in this forum.
  • Polkemon
    Polkemon Posts: 144
    edited November 2009
    TATA.... The owners of Jaguar...... Thats as much as I know about your car....Sorry..... I like my rides to drink fuel and go fast.....OOPS there goes my rep with the GREEN world..... I do my part though....
    NEWEST RIDE:
    2006 Silver Jaguar XKR Coupe with factory BBS 20" and upgraded Brembo Brakes from factory....
    Supercharger Pully Upgrade
    Air Intake
    Mina Exhaust System....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (Daily Driver):
    Front Doors POLK sr6500
    Amp front JL 450/4
    Amp Sub JL 500/1
    Sub JL 10w6

(Work Trucks)
    2005 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4.6L V-8
    All Stock!!! In the process of changing this.

2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.6L Diesel
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited November 2009
    Yeah TATA owns Jag and Rover. It feels good to know that a home grown company is accquiring global brands. TATA's are a 150 yrs old blue chip company. Kinda like GM, not as big but more stable. The indica is a small hatchback.

@ Abkonnet : Find a good installer. Thats the first thing. If you are in the NCR region, look at Driven or Gyro. Make sure the speakers are mounted on the door and not on door panel or under the dash etc.

Next get a decent amp to power the components. You need to amp the comps before you think of adding a sub. You dont need rears.
  • unrealii
    unrealii Posts: 268
    edited November 2009
    +1 on the amp. My stock speakers sound better amp'ed than many aftermarket speakers running without a proper amp.

However the MM's have a higher sensivity than the DB's so they may be okay to power from the HU. 2.7ohm vs 4.

If your opening is 4", why not look at the mm5251. They are smaller and would be easier to squeeze in that location over a 6.5"
    LSIm system on order =D

Currently listening to innovation...

Prior car systems:
    Nissan Maxima - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Eclipse PA5422, Eclipse PA5532, Polk SR 6500 (Front), Polk DB6510 (Rear), Image Dymanics IDQ10, active x-over setup
    Toyota MR2 - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Blaupunkt THA 555, Polk SR6500