Infinity Basslink not working

neokeelo
neokeelo Posts: 168
edited November 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am having trouble to say the least with my used Infinity Basslink I purchased a few days ago. I finally got it hooked up last night. I got a good clean connection to the battery, drilled two small holes to the chasis of my Toyota Corrola and grounded it. I have it hooked up correctly to the remote output on the receiver. When I turn on my receiver it either comes on but soon starts thumping. When I tilt the speaker or lay it down on its side or tap the side of it, It responds with a constant thumping sound. Even sitting upright it sometimes thumps randomly and the green servo light comes on (which kills the music). It stops and plays for a minute but then randomly thumps again and the green "servo" light comes on again. Before I bought it I demoed it so I know it worked then at least.

It seems to me it is something internal that is touching or not connected correctly. Has this ever happened to you when you had it? I'm reading about it online now try to figure out if i should take it apart. Could anything be cause this in the way i have it hooked, up? Just wondering if you have any ideas.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
My System
Pre/Pro - Integra DTR 40.2
Amplifier -Parasound 2205a
Paradigm Studio 60s V5 Mains
Paradigm Studio 590 V5 Center
Paradigm 20s - rear ( Wanted)
SUB - SVS PB12-NSD
LG PK250 60inch Plasma
Post edited by neokeelo on

Comments

• Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited November 2009
    Thats a common problem with those things. Send it back if you can..
  • neokeelo
    edited November 2009
    i bought it used for $80 on craiglist, he let me listen to it, sounded great when he had it hooked up..
    My System
    SUB - SVS PB12-NSD
    LG PK250 60inch Plasma
  • shawglen
    shawglen Posts: 17
    edited November 2009
    Did you hook it up the same way he did I.E. rca plugs or universal interface wires?
  • neokeelo
    edited November 2009
    Yes, Im using RCA low level output from my recevier.
    My System
    SUB - SVS PB12-NSD
    LG PK250 60inch Plasma
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2009
    Double check your ground connection, and make sure it is as short as possible. I have had this problem because of a bad ground/too long of a ground. If all you did for a ground is drill a hole, pull the screw back out and bare the metal around the hole. Good luck, and let us know what happens

Later,
    dude
  • dudeinaroom
    edited November 2009
    Double check your ground connection, and make sure it is as short as possible. I have had this problem because of a bad ground/too long of a ground. If all you did for a ground is drill a hole, pull the screw back out and bare the metal around the hole. Good luck, and let us know what happens

Later,
    dude
  • Installer4life
    edited November 2009
    Ok, good thats a good price. What size power wire did you run?
  • neokeelo
    edited November 2009
    Monster Cable 4AWG. It comes on for a few seconds if i don't move it at all and sounds good, so i know its not totally broken. I will try to troubleshoot it this weekend. Its dark when i get off work now at 5:00 :\

One thing I know for sure, if I plug in the wire remote control it pops immediately and the green servo light comes one.
    My System
    SUB - SVS PB12-NSD
    LG PK250 60inch Plasma
  • Installer4life
    edited November 2009
    There is a switch that selects the type of turn on. Signal from speakers or input and standard 12 volt from aftermarket headunit. Make sure you have selected the right one..
  • neokeelo
    edited November 2009
    It is set to the correct setting, i check it.
    My System
    SUB - SVS PB12-NSD
    LG PK250 60inch Plasma
  • dudeinaroom
    edited November 2009
    Also double check all the connection points for your power wire, make sure they are all tight.

Sorry for the double post. my internet is stupid slow internet.