JBL Center N-II serie

Has anyone had experience with this? Note: CAN 200$

Thanks in advance

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    What are you going to mate it with, other Northridge series speakers? Have you had a chance to give a listen? 3db down at 80 and 20K aren't very impressive, looking at specs alone.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I don't know for sure, but I think Fire once said that he's got R series something for mains. In that case a Polk center would be a far better match.
  • FireWire
    FireWire Posts: 11
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Thanks guys.

My quest for a center speaker has been a pain due to my lack of knowledge is this field. I tend to classify brand name depending their price range and their popularity in my friends home. Where can I find a real survey on audio components and a good reference site?

Or had any unofficial survey confuct here before?

Thanks a bunch
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Most "good" speaker companies are companies most people have never heard of... Chances are if they sell it at Best Buy there is MUCH better out there, even at the best buy price! Some good ones to look into to get a feel for what's out there (most of us can't afford such nice speakers but just to know and read about some of the technology can help us look for things in speakers we can afford). A list of a few good speaker companies are:

B&W, Dynaudio, Wilson Audio (VERY expensive), ProAc, Totem, Thiel, Paradigm (similar to Polk), Martin Logan, Revel... the list could go on and on!

Polk would probably take a back seat to most of them but Polk offers GREAT bang for the buck! Which is why I bought them. The most important thing to do when buying speakers is LISTEN! Buy what you think sounds the best!

www.audioreview.com is a good site to look at but you have to remember that different people like different things...
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15