Norton Firewall/ System works 2002?

CPHILHOWER
CPHILHOWER Posts: 343
edited April 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi all. Does anybody have an idea what I can do with this software? I dont need it anymore. Would anybody like to make an offer? I have the cd-roms and manuals.
Thanks.
Chris
C.J.PHILHOWER@WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Post edited by CPHILHOWER on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    how much ??

its decent software... great for if you're on a DSL / Cable or a school or business's lan / T1-3 network.

the firewall is a lot better than zonealarm of blackice or that other stuff we've all been downloading offline.

if the price is low i will probably take it off your hands.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2003
    Your right! The firewall has blocked several attempted hacks on my pc as well as virus'. Includes Anti-Virus. Asking $20 including USPS delivery.
    Chris
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2003
    I am currently Un-employed. Was fired about 1 month ago. Customer accused me of making a racial comment to a girl from Maguire AFB. I never said it. The Airmen (Not sure what the AF calls them) Told the boss she didnt know what was going on. Long story. Suffice it to say that there are so many holes in the accusation, thats its best described as Swiss Cheese. Now GoodYear sent a letter to NJ state dept of labor telling them I was fired. I had a telephone interview on 3/27/03. My call in date was 3/24 which got me a Void check. Still have not heard from the state if I can collect. Have not seen a check or any paperwork. My last income was on 3/10/03. Which they promptly took back 1/3 as an Over-payment.
    Thats why I am selling. This and some other pc components.
    NetGear 10/100 Lan card pci.
    512 PC133 SDRAM Generic brand
    12' Radio Shack Bi-Directional printer cable.
    4 Verbatim Zip 100mb disks. Never used.
    Wheel locks from my 2001 Ford Escape.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited April 2003
    email me your address (poweredbydodge@juno.com)... i'll hit you up with a MO for the 20.

what the frig man... frickin airforce jack@ss gets you in crap? what pole was stuck up her @ss that day? maybe that's the b****'s problem, she's not getting any. just goes to show u -- nice people get screwd in the end... keeps happening all around me... nice peopleget the shaft.
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2003
    PBD, Youve got the wrong person pegged. The woman from the AF told my boss she didnt know, And didnt care about what was going on. She didnt accuse me of it. Another customer that was looking for used tires accused me of it. I think she was hoping to get a set for cheap or free.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited April 2003
    ... thats even worse -- god i hate people (in general) ...lol.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2003
    dont worry" CPHILHOWER"

god will shine on you and find you a job that is great for you

like me too i prayed and god shine on me

rdg,
    looseman
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2003
    Looseman THANKS. Like I said, I still havent heard from NJ State Un-Employment. No check or letter. As far as a job? I am still on hold. I applied to the following places:
    1 HomeDepot
    2 Walmart
    3 FedEx
    4 UPS
    5 Best Buy
    6 Lucas Ford
    7 Advanced Auto Parts
    8 Lowes (used to work there and was laid off)
    Its not like I am not trying. Most places by me dont have a position.
    Chris
  • Systems
    edited April 2003
    you wanna work in penang ????
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited April 2003
    ... where's Penang?
  • Systems
    edited April 2003
    penang is a small island in malaysia...

never heard of this island???

rdg,

looseman
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited April 2003
    build a lot of electronics out there eh? haha...

i hadn't heard of the island, btu i do know where the country is.

nice to see people from around the world in the momo boards !
  • Systems
    edited April 2003
    but good place to live man.... really good

and you can get all type of thing too any thing you can get..

so where you all from ???

intro if you all not mind

rdg,

looseman
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2003
    I am from the Trenton area in New Jersey. USA.
    Chris
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited April 2003
    I'm from Magnolia, NJ. It's about 5 minutes south-east or Cherry Hill, NJ.

For those ferriners here who may not know, check out a map of the U.S. Trenton is the capital of New Jersey. My town is just east of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. New Jersey is on the east coast of the U.S. just south of New York.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited April 2003
    .. and me... i'm from the buffalo new york... a place akin to lambeau field in the dead of winter... we're known for having the heaviest snow fall and ice glazed streets 9 months of the year.. we hit a record high of 3 degrees fareinheight in the summer... and if you're lucky, on those "balmy" days women will walk around with nothing but three sweaters and long johns on... ooh baby... sexy ladies! yay!.

*chuckle chuckle chuckle....*i gotta go... there's a hugging monster stealing my arm and its hard to type with one hand... agh... damn u hugging monster....:) :):):)
  • Systems
    edited April 2003
    how nice to get to know people all around the world...
    in penang it's all the time sunny and rainy but it does not snow here.... check the world map and you will see thailand and below thaniland it is penang (georgetown) good place most of the time can see people swimming in the sea.... all the oversea people come to spend their time here...

to be honest it is a great place to shop too
    dvd movies and computer cdroms are all damm cheap for us dollors

if any 1 wanna come pls do let me know and i can take you guys out for round island..../////

rdg,
    looseman
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2003
    PBD, The Saga continues. GoodYear told the state that i was fired for the "Inappropriate remark to a customer" Now I cant collect Un-employment. To top it off, They want the money back that they sent me. All $568. I have no idea where I am going to get it. Had to borrow $450 from my Mother just to make the car payment. I'M SCREWED!! I sent in an appeal. dont know what will happen. Have not had 1 job offer to date. Yesterday I shoveled snow in my Apt complex for 2 hours to make $20.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited April 2003
    maybe try to think of some other stuff --- like can u bartend? that's a great way to make $$$ on the quick.

what i'm wondering is is there anyway for u to either take action against or something against goodyear for 1) wrongful termination 2) making the incorrect note about why you were terminated to the state.

the 2nd woudl fall under slander, character assasination, and as such they would be liable for the fact that you may have a harder time finding employment with that "on your record" so to speak.

keep pluggin man.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited April 2003
    Yeah, don't be afraid to screw Goodyear to the wall. They dumped you like a 2 dollar **** so don't feel bad if you hang 'em by thier ball sack. I'd go after the lady who started all of this BS too. You probably won't get jack squat out of her po **** but then again, that is what Goodyear is there for! Get your pay out from Goodyear and put the lady who dumped this on you through living hell.

I would use a different descriptor than lady because she certainly is not a lady but I would get in trouble for using those words here.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2003
    Thanks guys. I'm probably going to have to seek a Lawyer over this. problem is that I cant afford one. If I was on trial, I would have to be given a Public Defender.
    I did manage to call this afternoon to Un-employment. She said she would have the check sent to me. Now I have to find out what to do with the "Request for Refund".
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited April 2003
    hey chris -- got your package today, looks great... thanks man :)

and are there any lawyers out there that'll take cases for a percentage? there's a shitload of ambulance chasers / victim's lawyers around here that'll tkae u for a percentage of winnings... no winning, no fee.
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2003
    Dont know. I'm still up in the air over getting one. Mostly I'm affraid of being stuck with the BILL.
    Chris
  • Systems
    edited April 2003
    all the dudes in the forum "happy good friday"

may god bless you all......... (peace)

rdg,

looseman
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited April 2003
    PBD, It continues. The state said they would release a check to me on Tuesday. Today I get it. Guess what? VOID!!! Big surprise. The check was for the "Week ending 4/5/03" with a call in date of 4/7/03. Now it looks like I have to make another Toll call to find out what is going on.
    I did apply to a Chevy dealer today. No luck. Also went to an Employment service as well. Was told that they may not be able to help me. But they did thank me for being honest with them about GoodYear. And explaining the situation to them.
    Chris