MM6 Crossovers

Keske944
Keske944 Posts: 134
edited April 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Uhhh how do you mount these??? The MM6 crossovers don't have any mounting brackets so are they just supposed to sit in your trunk or do ya have to (I dunno) glue em down or something? Why don't they have mounting brackets? What do you guys suggest? I want em in my hatch but it dosn't look like that is going to happen if I can't get em screwed down.
Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
Post edited by Keske944 on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited April 2003
    its very tricky to take these suckers off
    but the silver cover does come off
    ok it makes a shape that crudely looks like this
    /--\
    | |
    with the - being the top
    the /\ being where they come down at a 45* angle...and the | being where it comes straight down
    thats the black side
    stick a butter knife between the silver and the black by the part that goes straight up and down
    and pry
    its very hard to do...and i was always worried about it cracking...but it didnt...i ended up talking to justin on the phone about it cuz i didnt know how to get the covers off
    once u get the covers off it has places to screw it in
    -Cody
  • Keske944
    edited April 2003
    No offense to the guys at polk but who's bright idea was that?
    Patience... patience...

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited April 2003
    i like the idea of not having mounting brackets and hiding the screws...but they couldve made it a little easier to take off and not worry about having to break something
    so did you get them off?
    and i meant josh not justin
    -Cody
  • Keske944
    edited April 2003
    I think that I will let my dealer take them off. That way if they break it they are at fault... not me.
    Patience... patience...

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited April 2003
    You don't have to do that. My dB crossovers for my dB seperates are velcroed to the inner door panels in my truck.

You can probably do the same. I went to K-mart and picked up some Industrial Strength or Commercial Strength Velcro. Real nasty, beefy looking stuff. I was on the U.S.S. Lake Erie last year from April to June and I had to install about 6 clients and a server for data analysis. I didn't have a whole lot of space so I ended up velcroing the network switch, a couple of optical drives and a laptop to the underside of a cross beam with this Velcro. We hit some pretty hefty seas and that equipment never came off. I had to pry it off with a screw driver when I was packing it all up. Before the trip, I was wondering how I was going to mount the crossovers in my truck without them falling. That Velcro did the trick, like a charm! Just cover the bottom with a piece of the Industrial Strength Velcro. The crossovers are light enough that they will never shake themselves off of that velcro. Hell, they won't shake at all! If you ever have to take it off, simple lighter fluid dissolves the adhesive for sticking it on. The real benefit is that you don't have to drill holes in your car for the crossover networks either!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    i used that velcro to mount the tweet pods in both my and my girls car... held like iron... just make sure u wipe down the suraces u are putting the "sticky" part to with alcohol and let it dry before u "sticky" it... stupid me didn't do that the first time and i had a tweeter smack me in teh knee cap really hard upon hitting a bump... didn't make that mistake twice (note the velcro didn't come undone.... it was the adhesive that holds the individual "sides" of velcro to each part... and it was my fault).

whos bright idea was it to make funny crossover pods? well who's bright idea was it to only make single 4 ohm coil momo's ?

i think its god playing a funny trick on us all.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • whitey240sx
    whitey240sx Posts: 15
    edited April 2003
    amen to that, i actually didnt mount mine at all, they dont move around...blah
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    lol.. um.. didn't mount them and they dont move around... um... did u eat them? lol.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge