Switched Power Outlet Options

Options
TonyPTX
TonyPTX Posts: 545
edited April 2003 in Electronics
OK folks. I've been taking the "switched outlet" option on many receivers for granted. With the new rig now, I lost a switched outlet on the back of the receiver and now have to do some things manually. I've been looking for something to fit a good niche: A power strip that has switched outlets that can be controlled via a 12V trigger output. Now I know I can probably pick up a Monster HT Ref Power or a Panamax unit, but I find the pricing on those things quite a bit steep (yeah I know you're paying for power conditioning and all the bells and whisles) but I'm just looking for 12V switched outlets. Any other options out there? Flipping a master switch on some powerstrip in the back of my HT is not an option, nor is it desirable.
Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
Post edited by TonyPTX on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Well,
    You might be able to make one. Get one of the 12v controlled strips you were talking about, get a radio shack 12vdc wall wart, plug the wall wart into one of your switched outlets, hook it up to the 12v switch control and you are set!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • TonyPTX
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by madmax001
    Well,
    You might be able to make one. Get one of the 12v controlled strips you were talking about...

That's what I'm looking for Max. Does anyone make a 12V controlled strip? I'm not worried about the 12V signal as I have that available from the back of my receiver. I'm just looking for the damn switched powerstrip. Anyone else?
  • TonyPTX
    edited April 2003
    Options
    BUMP