Laid off.....(part 2)

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited October 2009 in The Clubhouse
I wanted to bump this thread, but apparently someone closed it:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72771

For what reason it's been closed, I have no idea.

Anyway, last Friday, laid off....AGAIN. This time from a job I thought for sure had the best job security I could have ever asked for. Just goes to show no job is safe these days. My entire department was notified of being outsourced, was told we could work till December 15th, then they let us go last Friday little more than 2 weeks after the initial notice.

Oh well, I'm getting really tired of this outsourcing business, I think it's time to change my career path. Unfortunately I couldn't make it through my master's degree in time to transition to something new and now since my work stopped paying for my school, that's come to a halt as well.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited October 2009
    I am so sorry to hear that... Outsourcing is bad news all around. Check with the unemployment departmentt to see if you qualify for retraining benefits of any kind. I do hope things get better for you soon, and for all of us.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2009
    It's open again, not sure why it was closed, go back over there.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
This discussion has been closed.