Audigy 2

geekmedic
geekmedic Posts: 78
edited March 2003 in Electronics
I finally got my Audigy 2 installed in my home theatre PC -- nearly 2 months after I purchased it (just haven't had time).

Man this thing is SWEEEEEEEET!

Anyone else have this sound card? It sounds really nice going through my Onkyo TX-SR600 receiver and Polk speakers. Aww yea, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. - Albert Einstein
Post edited by geekmedic on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2003
    Geek,

I got the Audigy 2 about a month ago. I also have the Onkyo 600. I think we have a pretty similar get up. I use my computer to play my DVD's, and I know they sound phenomenal. Games sound outstanding too. What sound card did you have before this? Do you play any media-rich games?
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited March 2003
    what kinda connector did you use to connect to the Onk?

Standard 1/8" mini-phono to RCA adapter?

I've been trying to find a damn adapter for the SPDIF out on the back of the Audigy 2 without any luck...
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2003
    1/8" to RCA will work with SPDIF on the Audigy 2.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2003
    I am using an adapter from the digital out jack to a digital coax and feeding it into the coax in.
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by Shizelbs
    I am using an adapter from the digital out jack to a digital coax and feeding it into the coax in.

A bit more description would be nice. Is it a 1/8" mono to RCA adapter, or is it a s1/8" stereo to RCA adapter. I had the 1/8" mono to RCA adapter connected to a coax line and was only getting 2 channel stereo out of it. (Tried playing a DVD which is in Dolby Digital and had DVD software that could decode it and send it to the SPDIF digital out on the audigy 2, but the Onky still only played 2 channels.
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....