Assasins Creed

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited April 2010 in Video Games
Anyone play this on PS3 or Xbox? I like it alot so far.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I played it on Xbox360 and its one of my fav games so far--Can take awhile to play though looking for some hidden stuff.
    I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed II due out in Nov.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Played it for a while on the 360. Could never master the fighting. Cool graphics. Neat idea.
  • mr2sw21
    mr2sw21 Posts: 115
    edited October 2009
    Options
    only played on PC but this is the best game I have ever played as an action game. However Assassin's Creed 2 is coming out, can't wait. hahahaha
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Played it for a while on the 360. Could never master the fighting. Cool graphics. Neat idea.

The fighting is pissing me off but I haven't played but one other game with a controller in the years I've owned the PS3....I'm a keyboard ranger when it comes to gaming.

Mmadden - Yea, there's way too much hidden stuff for my brain to handle.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks Demi....clearly I'm a little slow when it comes to buying games.
  • Studash
    Studash Posts: 11
    edited October 2009
    Options
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Studash wrote: »
    Overated

What are you selling, fartwagon?
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited October 2009
    Options
    mr2sw21 wrote: »
    only played on PC but this is the best game I have ever played as an action game. However Assassin's Creed 2 is coming out, can't wait. hahahaha

Same here, PC all the way. I LOVED this game, such fun and such a wide environment to play with. I like sprinting around the whole city attracting guards, then trying to fight 30-40 at once.

Also, recording the view from eagle towers makes for some amazingly stunning clips.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I gave up gaming 5 years ago cuz I like keyboards and my old computer just couldn't cut it anymore...mostly a business model. Well I upgraded last month and got much closer to cutting edge. So after playing a couple of 5 year old games that had problems with Windows 7, I picked up this one. Have been playing for a couple of weeks at 1080p :D. It's somewhat of a challenge for me...kinda stuck now in the 5th memory block...guards are tougher and keep getting caught up in fights that I can't escape from. Also, my mouse keeps going outside the screen and launching other programs during some exciting times. Pretty decent game, but I'd like some night time adventure, more sneaking, in an outs rather than have to plow through 10 or 12 guys before getting out of dodge. Heard this was rushed to market and the programmers wanted to do more. Heard ACII is better. Hopefully, I won't get frustrated and just quit. Right now, I'm stuck taking down multiple targets in Damascus. Keep getting embroiled with tough dudes that counter my counter attacks.

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • kartinkent
    kartinkent Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There are parts of Assassin’s Creed II that really do shine, and the production values are absolutely top-notch. The amount of time it takes to reach those points however, is far more than would be considered acceptable.

I am glad that you felt this game was worthy of such high praise Lee, and I hope you continue to enjoy your time with it...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Since I'm a budget games, I buy all my games when they hit the $20 range so I'm just now playing this and it did take me a while to warm up to it. Now that I've figured it out I have to say its kinda addictive. The fighting isn't that great, more of how fast can I click my mouse (PC games all the way) but the exploration and killing is pretty cool.

The only real complaint I have is the scenes in the lab that are kinda pointless.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D