My Bad Dodge.....

ChevyMan4x4
ChevyMan4x4 Posts: 52
edited March 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I could'nt find the amp I had but that amp You seen has the same spec excecpt my amp is 2 channel....... here the specs so you can help me easier...
1200watts@4ohms@14.4v
2000Watts@2ohms@14.4v
2400Watts@2ohms@15.5v

O by the way how the heck do I get 15.5v from a car stereo??? Thought the battery only put out 14.4v while the car was running... Thanks Sorry bout the confusion Dodge Thanks for all your help
Sir Daniel X. Boom - the GNX slayer
Post edited by ChevyMan4x4 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    re 15 volts --- you dont --- however competitors might. If you take two 8 volt marine batteries and run them in series, youve got 16 volts -- then get a 16.5 volt alternator and boom you've got like 16 volts on top.

its not really good for the rest of yoru car at all... as its all built to run off 12.5 - 14.4. but some ppl do it in comp for that extra "edge"

ok i'm still a little confused on the amp.

its a true two channel?

and its 1000 x 2 at 2 ohms(2000 @ 2 ohms total) / 600 x 2 at 4 (1200 @ 4 ohms total)?

hmm...

well -- IF that is right -- then you are kinda stuck as far as your wiring options.

in which case your original idea of cranking the gain back is the ONLY thing you can do, as u're stuck btwen a rock and a hard place.

just keep in mind "full power" is 65% gain... u're gonna want like 1/3 of 600 --- 1/3 of 65 = 20 something... i think 1/5 - 1/4 gain would be ok.

on the funny note of hte day --- i read "my bad dodge" and thought for just a short moment that you bought a dodge and tricked it out and were posting pictures... LMFAO.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2003
    who would fix up a dodge?:lol:
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited March 2003
    A Ford owner would!!!

bahahahahahahahaha:lol:
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    and i back this up with only one statement...

why was Mopar banned from Nascar? The Hemi engines were making minced meat out of the Ford / Pontiac / Chevy gear and Nascar considered Mopar's product unfair for competition as the playing field wasn't level. "go away - you're too much gooder than us".
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2003
    that and i dont think they met the "mass production" standards...but the hemi is one bad **** ****...the cummins diesel are bad **** too
    now if they can get some good transmissions
    allison transmissions...the ones that gm has...are very nice
    and just to let you know...chevy has quit making 1 tons that arent dually's b/c anything a ford/dodge dually can carry...a 3/4 ton hd chevy can
    thought i might throw that in
    lol
    but i dont like the H2's
    well...theyre nice and everything...but when everyone has one...gm ruined a perfectly good truck/suv
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2003
    Um, you guys do know that Cummins is owned by Ford right? And the Duramax diesels in GM trucks are built by Isuzu.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    that's kind of funny to hear Jstas -- about the Cummins -- i knew about the duramax -- 2004/05 the mopar diesels are going to be Isuzu as well (supposedly)...

oh -- allison transmissions ? -- the 2500 / 3500 ram's come with allison HD automatic transmissions -- i dont know if the stick is allison as well. It doesn't bolt right up, but with a plate and a little work, the allison bolts up to the 360 too. I've seen one other like mine that had it. ever time u hear a dodge backing up and it doesn't whine like a beached whale, then it either 1) has a stick or 2) has the allison trannie. they started making the allison available for the V10 engines after the stock trannie started taking a **** so fast... that stock trannie really is a piece of junk -- my grandfather's got it -- that and the 318 -- i told him not to get either one - does he listen to me? no. the 318 is a dog. least for what i'm lookin for in an engine. anyway -- circa 98 they got the allison to mount to the v10 -- since the v10 is pretty much the same as the v8 -- they're about as close as kissing cousins design wise (obviously not power) -- and its not a big job to get the allison on the 360 -- however, now that i think of it - i dont think its the same or at least not rigged the same as on the diesels... it would respond differently to the 10 than the diesel... but anyway...

but heres something funnier -- ford powerstroke diesels are made by International. why would ford own a diesel engine company and then buy someone else's product? the mystery of the braintrust at ford grows weirder by the day.

I'm no fan of the cummins engines. I actually dug the duramax a lot more -- i worked on a couple 2500 HD's and GM 3/4 ton's with the DD and it had the "pickup" of a gas engine. that mighta had more to do with the truck itself, but it just worked well... it didn't lag like the ford diesel's do... i mean you can romp on that ford diesel all fkin day, you can put the pedal to the floor and that sucker just plods along, over revving all the way.

the duramax however moved like a breeze -- u hit the gas, it moved... all of it... didnt feel like it was draggin anything behind it, and it didn't even hint at over revving.

hell --- it the world wisens up we'll be havin those retrofitted 360's coming out -- mopar too the 360-8 and made it into a natural gas engine -- its in the 2001 charger concept car. damn fine lookin car --- suppoedly the engin nearly doubles its horse / torque with the new fuel supply setup.
  • Jstas
    edited March 2003
    Ford has a controlling interest in International. They own like 51% of the stock. Kinda like they do with Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Mazda and Aston Martin.

As far as the Duramax out-performing the Ford diesels. That may have been true 2 years ago when the Duramax was brand new and the Ford diesel was about 7 years old. However, last year Ford released a new Powerstroke which has been dubbed the king of yank and is, I am told, all Ford. It even out pulls the Cummins diesels. The Duramax was outclassed last year and GM has gone back to the drawing board. Cummins has no plans to update the diesel right now but there is supposedly a new one coming out in 2006. Dodge is much more keen on selling the new Hemi and therefore won't tout the Cummins deisels too much at all. Also, with the new Hemi, I really doubt that you will be seeing a rebirth of the 318/360 magnum engines any time soon. Especially when the 4.7L in the Jeep Grand Cherokee was making more power than the 360 was in the Dakotas and RAMs.

• PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    the 4.7 is a grocery getter engine.

that thing wont budge the trucks -- i test drove a few in 2002 when the 1500 went new design and they had the 4.7 and 360 as options as the hemi didn't come out till this year.

the salesmen will tell u straight - *paraphrase* "the 4.7 is built with the new truck customers in mind... better gas mileage, quicker response, little more horse but less low end torque, we don't expect people to be pulling anything with these, they're cruising engines".

--- in its own right, that's fine -- i mean its good to at least compromise and make an engine tha's more environmentally friendly / better handling for people that use the truck to go around town.

in the intrepids (optional) and hte Jeep's i'm sure it hauls ****. but I wouldn't get a truck with that thing in it.

I'd take the 318 before that... and i hate the 318....lol. Hell... somebody go get me my old slant 6 and de-tuned torqueflite outa the 88 and i'll be a happy camper.

the 360 can pull a cube van outa the louisiana mud IMHO.

i didn't know international was a publicly traded company - thought it was owned outright. considering its not - the whole partnership makes sense.

ya 2 yrs ago (about) is when i was playing with duramaxes -- 18 months or so -- the 350 fords just lagged at the time. i haven't had a chance to look at th new ford stuff... hell at new anything for a while -- hopefully somebody will bring a porsche into work and i'll just "borrow" it for the day or something. *points to self* <-- glad he finally got a job.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2003
    id pick a cummins over a power stroke anyday
    and yeah ford bought cummins out a couple years ago
    if they said a powerstroke outpulls a cummins then it wasnt the engine...well i REALLY doubt it was the engine...maybe the exle or transmission...but i just dont think it owuld
    and if they did...i would bet money the cummins would last a hell of a lot longer
    the only thing i dont like about the cummins is that is weighs 5 as much as the truck....lol
    but as of now...cummins is my favorite diesel
    and chevys vortec is my favorite gasonline engine
    the only thing i hate about my truck is the mileage
    but its as to be expected from a 3/4
    i run 70 at about 2100 rpms and 80 about 7600
    my dads truck is a 2002 z71
    he runs 80 at about 2100
    mines a 96 and its not 4wd
    z71s are my favorite 4wd
    i like the looks of the troopers and xterras
    i dont like denalis...theyre ugly
    fords concept tonka truck is ugly
    i wish chevy would bring back the big blazers
    those little ones arent cutting it
    my friend has a ford v10...like a 2001...250
    lot of torque but not get up and go
    but it gets 17mpg on the highway
    mine gets worse than that...but im not exactly sure what it gets
    mine is fast but its not an hd and its only a 6 lug
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited March 2003
    What the hell are you rambling about? That made no sense! :confused:

• PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    Jstas - who me or cody?

Cody - ford trucks actually do pull more weight that anything else - but in doing so they compromise a lot of other ****. i mean some of these ford 350 dually's can pull as much as a cabforward semi-truck.

saw a 350 ford pullin 3 other 350 fords... guy said if he had a longer trailer, he could put another 2 on their before the truck died on him.

the car carriers will only carry a max of 6 of those things at once.

still hate ford tho.

youll never see another old school blazer that resembles OJ's Bronco. that's a body style that's never coming back. The reason they'll give you is this - the old blazer was more of a "big" SUV -- it was the front half of a 1500 pickup with a top on the back and seats and **** -- right now -- the front half of a 2003 chevy 1500 pickup with a top on the back is a 2 door Yukon -- or a Suburban.

like it or not - that would be the modern day blazer if they had kept with the trend.

i kind of like the yukons though. like 98/99 they'r enice and boxy -- i like boxy ****.
  • Jstas
    edited March 2003
    Jstas - who me or cody?

Cody.

• sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2003
    id pick a cummins over a power stroke anyday
    and yeah ford bought cummins out a couple years ago

talking about picking a dodge diesel over a ford diesel

if they said a powerstroke outpulls a cummins then it wasnt the engine...well i REALLY doubt it was the engine...maybe the exle or transmission...but i just dont think it owuld
    and if they did...i would bet money the cummins would last a hell of a lot longer

saying that if a ford pulls more than a dodge, than its probably not the engine, and the dodge engine would probably last longer anyways

the only thing i dont like about the cummins is that is weighs 5 as much as the truck....lol

meant to say 5 times as much...being sarcastic about them being so heavy

but as of now...cummins is my favorite diesel
    and chevys vortec is my favorite gasonline engine

self explanatory

the only thing i hate about my truck is the mileage
    but its as to be expected from a 3/4

3/4 ton*

i run 70 at about 2100 rpms and 80 about 7600

70 mph*

my dads truck is a 2002 z71
    he runs 80 at about 2100
    mines a 96 and its not 4wd

comparing mph to rpms

z71s are my favorite 4wd
    i like the looks of the troopers and xterras
    i dont like denalis...theyre ugly
    fords concept tonka truck is ugly

self explanatory

i wish chevy would bring back the big blazers
    those little ones arent cutting it

yeah i think im sol about the blazers...the 2 door tahoe took their place

my friend has a ford v10...like a 2001...250
    lot of torque but not get up and go

250 as in a 3/4 ton

but it gets 17mpg on the highway

self explanatory

mine gets worse than that...but im not exactly sure what it gets

as in fuel economy

mine is fast but its not an hd and its only a 6 lug

my truck is fast...but its not a heavy duty...and its a 6 lug...not an 8 lug(its a 3/4 ton)

one of the reasons i want the blazer back is b/c my dad had like a 73...something like that w/ 33s
    and it would go through anything...he went through a creek with water over the hood touching the windshield and didnt get stuck
    sold it cuz it only got like 9 miles a gallon...
    not its sitting in some guys yard with 4 flat tires, a broken windshield, and probably hasnt been on the road in 7 years
    my dad wont go down that road cuz he "doesnt want to see him blazer in shame"
    my brothers friend got a 350(1 ton) 4x4 ford with 4 10 gears...i bet that thing can pull the earth out of orbit...
    plus it had a gastank in the bed that was connected to his tool box and you could go 2-3 months and not even have to fill it up
    i need to get me one of those...fill it up now when the gas is only 1.39 and when the high prices come in just wait till they go back down
    until you get rear ended and the whole thing blows up
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited March 2003
    Dude, contray to popular belief, I CAN read.

I understand your statements perfectly. What I don't understand is how you post jumped all over the spectrum and all of your comments and opinions seem to have little basis in the real world aside from learned prejudices.

As far as the Ford vs. Dodge diesel, go ahead and buy the Dodge but you are still getting a Ford engine. Also, keep in mind that the Dodge diesel has only been in the Dodge trucks since about 1997-98 and before that, the Ford easily out yanked the Dodge or Chevy. It took GM and Dodge about 8 years to finally put a diesel on the markey that could do the work and they had to use someone else's engine to do it. In Dodge's case, they bought an engine from thier competitor.

On top of that, gears will only affect acceleration, fuel milage and to a point, pulling pwer. However, if teh engine doesn't make teh power, gears can only give you so much pulling power. Just because you think the Ford can't out pull the Dodge doesn't make it true. About the only way the Dodge or Chevy out-pulls the Ford is with the base gasoline engines. The Ford keeps up with the Dodge and Chevy when you go to a higher trim line engine. Every magazine has rated the Chevy and Dodge over the Ford for asthetics and comfort. Remeber though that the Ford is a design that is 7 years old now while the Dodge and Chevy are brand new for this year. However, every magazine has shown that Ford will keep up with if not beat the the other two.

Anyway, since everyone is probably pissed off now, all I'm trying to say is that the facts are the facts and just because someone's dad or grandfather or brother or whatever says different doesn't mean they are right. There is a reason that the F-series is teh number one selling vehicle of all time. It's far from the pile of junk everyone seems to think it is. I'm not trying to be pro-Ford either. I just hate mindless brand bigotry. It bothers me to no end because its not based on anything but emotion and so many people get into fights about it.

• PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    Hands Jstas a Molson ... look like ya need it :)

6 lug -- i think my frickin wheels are 5 lug -- thats what i get for buying a **** 1500.
  • Jstas
    edited March 2003
    Dude, you don't want 6 lug anyway. You don't need a commercial chassis for a daily driven light duty truck. Besides, the Chevy 2500 HD comes with 5 or 6 lug wheels depending on the level of suspension you get for the rated tow capacity and payload. I do believe that Dodge's 2500 has 5 or 6 lug wheels too. I know Ford does. They have 5 or 6 lug for the F150 HD light chassis and the F250 Light Chassis (based on the F-150) but if you move up to the F-250 SuperDuty size it's 6 or 8 lug wheels because you can get the F-250 Super Duty with a 1 ton chassis.

• PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    i want 50 lugs... lolol -- all allen head -- with chrome plating.. lmfao
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2003
    "As far as the Ford vs. Dodge diesel, go ahead and buy the Dodge but you are still getting a Ford engine."
    when I said Ford...i meant the powerstroke...when i said dodge...i meant the cummins...

"Also, keep in mind that the Dodge diesel has only been in the Dodge trucks since about 1997-98 and before that, the Ford easily out yanked the Dodge or Chevy."
    i know this

"Just because you think the Ford can't out pull the Dodge doesn't make it true."
    never said it did

"Anyway, since everyone is probably pissed off now, all I'm trying to say is that the facts are the facts and just because someone's dad or grandfather or brother or whatever says different doesn't mean they are right."
    not pissed...im just stating what ive had experience with...and i wouldnt talk bad about ford or dodge or chevy if i didnt know first hand or from a source i can trust
    my dad used to work for an electrical company(since retired)where he was in charge of all the vehicles, where they went, what they did, what vehicles were bought etc.
    he said that he bought a couple of fords one time to do the same work and every year they would cost consistently more to maintain than the chevys/gmcs
    you can express the facts all you want
    maybe even throw an opinion in every once in a while
    and while magazines are the basis of your facts...real life experience are the basis of mine...i know i said that i didnt think a powerstroke(ford) could out pull a cummins(dodge)...but i said i think...hence...opinion
    i dont think chevy makes any 5 lug trucks
    not since around the early 90s
    and all the new 2500hd are 8 lug
    im pretty sure all the new chevy HD's are 8 lug...cuz all the 1500HD ive seen are 8 lug
    dodge and ford still have 5 lugs on their half tons...but to my knowledge chevy doesnt cept on cars
    i dont think ive ever seen a newer model(ford/dodge/chevy) 3/4 ton that has a 5 lug
    -Cody