6 chan inputs

Options
rscamer
rscamer Posts: 70
I think I have asked this before but can't find the the thread with the answer.I just got a sacd player but i also have a dvd-audio player.problem is my denon has only one set of analog inputs
right now I just swap the six cables depending on what I want to listen to.are ther any better options? are ther any good switchers out there?what would happen if I used splitters?I really need a low cost alternative as long as I still get good sound.:)
Post edited by rscamer on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2003
    Options
    sorry i don't know of any such device that allows you to switch all 6 channels like that. i'd do a seach on the internet and see what comes up. but i have never heard of such a thing. when will receivers and electronics makers make it easier for those of us who like multichannel audio to hook up our gear? one cable could do the same thing as 6 analog cables, right? this frustrates me to no end.

I'm mad damn it. but there isn't anything we can do about it. The multi format players seem to be slow to hit the market. there are a few good ones out there... but they're pricey.

Al
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2003
    Options
    rscamer,

There is several threads that discuss multichannel switcher in the past. I use the following solution, courtesy of Shack, works great with no noticable signal degradation (SACD/DVD-A input), check it out:

A cheaper ($30) but not as nice option is to use 2 Radio Shack A/V switch boxes #15-1952 to switch between SACD and DVD-Audio. Each switch box has two A/V inputs (left and right audio and composite video) and one output. The inputs are marked 'A' and 'B', and there is an A/B switch on the top of the box. Here is how to use the switch boxes:

Box 1
    Input A: DVD-Audio front left, front right, and center
    Input B: SACD front left, front right, and center
    Output: Front left, front right, and center to receiver's 5.1-channel inputs

Box 2
    Input A: DVD-Audio rear left, rear right, and subwoofer
    Input B: SACD rear left, rear right, and subwoofer
    Output: Rear left, and rear right, and subwoofer to receiver's 5.1-channel inputs.

hope it helps.....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.