What is this?

Options
HBombToo
HBombToo Posts: 5,256
edited March 2003 in Electronics
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3013551653&category=14978

Noise reduction??? Looks like a noise contributer to me.

Any1 have experience with such a piece?

Bombed
***WAREMTAE***
Post edited by HBombToo on

Comments

• rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Huh? The only thing they say about the operation is "Impulse Noise Reduction"??? Don't they want you to know what it does?
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by rs159
    Huh? The only thing they say about the operation is "Impulse Noise Reduction"??? Don't they want you to know what it does?

Seems like the man blew money on something that dont do a dang thing and is trying to sale it. IMO
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • rs159
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Most likely. Immoral, of course it is. But hey, as long as there are 'tards in this world who will buy anything that has good advertising (e.g bose)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Options
    It's probably from the early days of Dolby 'b', to run in line with a earlier tape deck that didn't have noise reduction built in.

SAE was never known for 'crap', I'm sure it serves the purpose it was designed for. Probably going for what it is to an SAE collector, they have their following.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • rs159
    edited March 2003
    Options
    The guy could at least say what it is. Even a sentence or two would do a lot more than nothing.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited March 2003
    Options
    It's a device for reducing the pops and clicks on record albums. Remember those things? Large circular vinyl platters with one groove per side that immediately started collecting dust and scratches that would drive you crazy... you would always memorize when the pops/clicks happened too!

This thing would usually be paired with another piece of equipment that would reduce the hiss too... ah, the good old (analog) days. ;)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Options
    That makes sense, the tape loop threw me....

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Come on guys...This is too easy! If you have noisey impulses, you need one of these things! How come you people have to complicate things?!?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D