2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

Options
JimKellyfan
JimKellyfan Posts: 696
edited February 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a stock radio w/single disc cd player in the Toyota, and was wondering which speakers would fit in it as well as appropriate wattage.
It has what appears to be a tweeter near the door handle, and a lower door speaker. Then lastly, it has a switchable ( on/off/lighted ) sub in the back...
Don't know how many watts per channel or what size speakers to get...
Crutchfield no help as yet, truck may be too new....Any ideas ?
Toyota didn't know either....hmmm...
One thing for sure, I know I'll have to put something in there soon...So, I may have to dismantle to see, unless someone knows here, I hope..

I did also post this in troubleshooting section, but someone learned me to open my eyes better, so it is here too....:eek:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
Center - polkaudio CSI A6
Sub - polkaudio PSW10
Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
Audio Outdoors
Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
Shed
Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
Shed 2
Nakamichi soundbar
Post edited by JimKellyfan on

Comments

• Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The factory speaker size is a 6x9 but part of the speaker is a 1" spacer. You will need to build a spacer to accomodate the new speaker whether it is a 6x9 or a 6.5" round. With that being said and since you have a subwoofer go with a 6.5" component set and install the tweeters in the factory location. If you still have the factory radio I suggest you replace it. For some stange reason Toyota doesn't think power is important in a radio. These have to be the weakest radios I can ever remember a manufacture using. This is true for most toyotas out there. I have a 08 Tacoma so I speak with experience. I replaced my factory radio with a Eclipse CD3200 and the sound quality from the factory speakers was quite good and the volume was twice as loud. Since you are on the Polk forum go with either the SR6500's or the Momo 6" components and you will be happy. If you have to have rear speakers they are 6.5" but with same spacer. Go with 6.5" coaxial but you still need to make new spacer. Choose the coaxial that matches the component set for the front. Best example: SR6500 components in front door, SR6500 coaxial mounted in rear doors. Don't forget the amplifier....
  • JimKellyfan
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'll have to wait until spring, but the truck is the next to tackle.
    Thanks again !
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • JimKellyfan
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Looks like a job well done.
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • fj_az
    fj_az Posts: 22
    edited February 2010
    Options