edited September 2009 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Does any know if there is any crossovers or kits available for
rt2000
rt800
rt55i
cs400
fx500
psw650

Would this improve sound quality. The company skiing ninja swears by it with a 60 day money back gaurentee. But they only supply the lsi series. Was also wondering if this would prevent my rt800s from blowing the tweeters once a year(bi wired with a 200 watt per chanel amp). My speaker wire seems to be a lil oxodized in the negative side(12awg home depot). Thanks in advance
Post edited by beaglehead12 on

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2009
    Most of the schematics you need are here: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38755

Where are you located? There are a couple of members that may be able to help you out. I'm a big proponent of crossover upgrades, it can sometimes make a tremendous difference. As for added protection against blowing your tweeters, maybe you should lower the volume a little bit.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • beaglehead12
    beaglehead12 Posts: 80
    edited September 2009
    Hello Face. Im located in Long Island New York. Im using the rt800(two mids one tweeter250watts bi wired) as my mains and the rt2000(one mid one tweeter 300watts) for the amped subs only. I thought the 800s would sound a lil better because of the extra mid, Do you think I would be sacrificing sound quality if I used the 2000 as my mains for they might handel the volume level alil better as they are capable of up to 300watts. what do you make of my speaker wire? the neg side has some green crap in it. Oh yea my reason for better crossovers was that I was hopeing to get better sound out of my old speakers because new ones are not in my budget. thanks again
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2009
    I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with those particular models, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Without a doubt, throw out that speaker wire.

Crossovers will improve sound quality, how much depends on how involved you want to get. I can lend a hand since I'm local.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited September 2009
    I've always heard a difference in sound quality after a speakers x-over has been upgraded/modified. Although I don't know how the RT series would sound after a make-over, simply because I've never liked them at all for music but they do exceptionally well for HT. May we suggest you just get yourself a pair of speakers for 2 channel/music only? Or are you simply looking for better SQ for HT?

Otherwise Face will take care of you, always been helpful to me and many others with his extensive knowledge.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • beaglehead12
    beaglehead12 Posts: 80
    edited September 2009
    Actually I use this system for ht and music dvd-a sacd. I was hopeing to make it a lil more bullet proof if possible.