Beyond Deadeners: Carpet Mats & Liners - Opinions Wanted

Thunderplains
Thunderplains Posts: 38
edited September 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey Everyone..

I am looking for opinions on carpet mats and liners.. I have already gone the deadener route and I am very aware of www.sounddeadenershowdown.com, but I am looking for opinions in 2 areas on a few products..

Carpet mats -
Second Skin Lux Liner
Dynamat Dynapad
Stinger Carpet pad

Liners (For cover rattling panels, enhancing front door sound and liner the roof) -
Second Skin Overkill (Overkill for doors, OK Pro for rear deck & roof)
Dynamat Dynaliner (1/8 for doors, 1/4 for rear deck and roof)
Stinger Overkill (for doors, rear deck & roof)

I am at the point where this is "The next thing" to do.. So your opinions and suggestions are welsome and appreciated.

Thanks
Post edited by Thunderplains on

Comments

• tk421
    tk421 Posts: 156
    edited September 2009
    i used 1/8" raamat ensolite all over my car. did now impact as much as i wanted. car still has road noise. this was added on top of raamat deadener. i think the deadener wasn't good enuff.

used the SS on the doors, and rest of car.. worked a lot better. i would recommend SS and then a layer of their lux liner. i've used the scosche version of lux liner (in another car) and it's real good. similar in construction to SS's.
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2009
    The doors and floor boards would cut road noise. What about the noise from the engine that enters the cabin?

Would pulling out the dash and deadening the firewall help? I gues you could deaden the wall from the engine side as well. May be easier. Only prob may be, 'will it last'
  • tk421
    tk421 Posts: 156
    edited September 2009
    arun1963 wrote: »
    Would pulling out the dash and deadening the firewall help? I gues you could deaden the wall from the engine side as well. May be easier. Only prob may be, 'will it last'

tips:

1- use hood liner under the engine hood/bonnet. it's temperature resistant.
    2- use firewall deadener on the inside of the engine bay (also temperature resistant). difficulty level - 4/5 ... look at possibly removing the engine if u'r extreme. spray on deadener works easiest. it's a weekend job.. 2 days.

3- removing the dash.. difficulty level 5/5. way too much going on behind there. risk of deploying airbags. and u will probably not be able to get the dash out of the car. they are put in tru the windsheild area BEFORE the glass is set. ( i removed my dash. pain in the a--)