Beating my head on the wall

nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited September 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Neighbor has a **** old Firebird with subs in it. Today, it appears he's trying to tune his system. All I've been hearing for the last 2 hours is frequency tests, and only for the subs. He's at the other end of the street and ratting my windows. Can't imagine how his direct neighbors feel.

He drives up and down the alley that borders my house at all hours of the day and night, booming his **** rap music. If I'm actually outside when he drives by, I make sure to give him a nasty stare. I'd yell, but he'd never hear me anyway. Oh, and his car sounds like it could drop all the body panels off at any moment. Constant buzz and rattle.

Sorry, I'm just venting... I know most folks down here in the Polk world don't have systems set up for that, or if you do, you don't spend hours blasting them in residential neighborhoods.

I guess I sort of feel better. I just keep waiting to hear a loud squelch and look out to see his car venting smoke from a burnt up amp or something.
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by nadams on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2009
    He is probably a nice boy who just likes to share his tunes. He'll grow out of it soon... hopefully. Those guys are the ones who usually get their systems stolen first:)
    Seriously you could try to talk to the kid, and tell him, that at night it is just too much, and it even is annoying during the day. Could you please just back off the volume a bit. If you are just giving him dirty looks he is probably just laughing on the inside getting off on it. About 20 years ago I had just got my system going, and I was blasting some metalica real loud. I went by this guys house and he was mowing his lawn wearing hearing protection, and over 100' from me. He turned and looked at me started jumping up and down yelling. I couldn't hear him a bit, but I could feel the heat coming off his face. I thought that was the funniest thing. I chilled after cranking it for a few weeks, but ever time I went by his house I would kick it up a notch hoping he would come out jumping up and down. Does this kid live with his parents? If talking to him first doesn't work you could go talk to them.
    Good luck.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nadams
    edited September 2009
    A nice boy... A kid... he's older than I am and has a baby running around. But then, don't they all anymore? Just a way to get more welfare for his stereo gear.

I hate being responsible for my age some days.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited September 2009
    yeah, screw it man. go get yourself couple 15s and show him how its done!
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    A nice boy... A kid... he's older than I am and has a baby running around. But then, don't they all anymore? Just a way to get more welfare for his stereo gear.

I hate being responsible for my age some days.

I don't get it. I still have that same system sitting here in my basement, and I have no desire to even install it. I can see cranking something once in a while, but it gets old quick.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • TouchOfEvil
    TouchOfEvil Posts: 967
    edited September 2009
    You can always report him if it's really bothering you. I use to be bad with cranking stuff in residential areas but eventually grew out of it at around 22ish lol. Now i hate them as if i had never done it before haha.:p
    Living Room Rig:D
    Rotel RSP-1069/Rotel RMB-1095/Rotel-1072/Polk lsI15's W/modded xoverW/DBsubs/Polk LsiC/lsI7's/Klipsch sub-12"the weak link"/DLP Mitsubishi 65"
    Xbox360/PS3/WII
    M.Br. setup:)
    Emotiva MMC-1/Rotel RMB-1075/Polk BlackStone TL350's/Velodyne SPL1000/Samsung 51" Plasma
    Computer Rig:
    Rotel RB1050/Tannoy DC4's/Klipsch RW-10d/ImodIpod/HK AVR230 for now....
    Headphones-Ultrasone-HFI780's w/LittleDot MK Vamp Portables Panasonic HJE-900's
  • nadams
    edited September 2009
    I had two Rockford Fosgate 15's in my Plymouth Voyager minivan when I was in HS. Only for a week or so, but they kicked **** :). Also had a pair of 12's for the longest time. When I got my pickup I had a pair of 10's. Kept that set for a long time. They were more for filling out the bottom end of classic rock than blasting the hell out of the neighborhood.

I guess I'm trying to say, I know what he's doing, and I've been there... but it was years ago, and I never blasted for hours at a time parked in one spot. At his age? I find it quite irresponsible. Most of the cranked up music I listened to was bothering nobody but the deer and other wildlife out through the cornfields. But then, I had the advantage of living in the middle of nowhere, not in the middle of town.

Yeah, I probably could've called the cops, but chances are they would've said there was nothing they could do because it's the middle of the day. But seriously... rattling windows from 2 houses down???
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • tk421
    tk421 Posts: 156
    edited September 2009
    lol.. get him interested in sound dampening and sound proofing. tell him it will increase his spl and reduce noise. hence.. louder! especially with the windows rolled UP. i crack over 110 DBs inside my car and it's like 50 outside (less than human voice)
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited September 2009
    I have 2 12's on a real 900 watt Alpine amp with a bunch of other stuff in my IROC but I never play it loud in any residential area. It's my ying and yang thing. All about quality sound at home and all about loud and proud in the car. I think it's very inconsiderate and totally self centered to play it loud at other peoples expense. Just too bad I'm in the minority as far as owners of big boom stereos go.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2009
    Im not defending this tool because I despise the guys that run around with their 18" flea market subs rattling sheet metal as they make all us car audio guys look bad - however he may not realize how loud it seems. Sub bass waves take a long way to form so it may actually be louder a couple house down the street than it is inside the car. Doesnt mean he couldnt use a good smack in the mouth for being inconsiderate to others tho. ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Topper
    Topper Posts: 403
    edited September 2009
    just tell him his setup is awesome but your concerned that people might rip it off since he's making it too obvious :). Tell him you already heard some of the neighborhood bad apples were already talking about it and all :)
  • Kinetic
    Kinetic Posts: 437
    edited September 2009
    we dont have that here =)
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable