I am looking to replace

ChevyMan4x4
ChevyMan4x4 Posts: 52
edited March 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I realize that I need to replace the transmission on the truck but it's a 5 spd I can't seem to find a model number anywhere on it!!! I know the one for the auto is 700R4 but as for the Man. version I don't know what it is.... That's why I was asking too see if you guys had a good source to look it up at.:lol:

PLZ refer to the other post *Another Of Topic Post* to see truck model

1985 S-10 Blazer 4x4 2.8L
2 BBL
Sir Daniel X. Boom - the GNX slayer
Post edited by ChevyMan4x4 on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2003
    Dude, just call up a place that sells remanufacturered and/or rebuilt transmissions. They will know if you give them make, model year and drivetrain layout. They have books and stuff to look it up with.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    if u're even lazier (like me) call the dealer... any dealer... give them your VIN number and ask them for what model transmission came stock on the truck. after which --- u head to the boneyard with a part number.

get your big yellow knee boots, box -o- tools, shovel, miners hat, and denim jacket... might want a pack of Winston's too... "boneyard boneyard boneyard, headin to the boneyard.... headin to the boneyard we are... do be do... do be do... do be do... dobe doo.... BONE YARD!" (sung to the tune of "rawhide").
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge