Games with Best Audio

Comments

• AKS
    AKS Posts: 31
    edited September 2009
    Are their any games from Electronic Arts that use HD audio? They have some stellar sounding games, but I can't think of any that actually use 7.1 LPCM like a lot of the best sounding PS3 1st and 2nd party games. Why make a game with awesome sound like Dead Space and then cap the quality at 5.1 DTS?
  • ballen823
    ballen823 Posts: 110
    edited September 2009
    I don't think so. It most likely has to do with the fact that their games are multi-platform, and probably using the 360 as the initial development platform (which doesn't support 7.1).
  • TouchyFeely
    TouchyFeely Posts: 26
    edited October 2009
    I agree Dead Space does sound amazing.
  • buymesome
    buymesome Posts: 281
    edited October 2009
    Yep socom shines outa all the above with all its THX certified glory having the best seperation . I really am able to tell exactly where theshots are coming from and it does make good use of the LFE at just the right times

Mostly though video game audio becomes very annoying and causes a sense overload . This can affect your play performance along with intense visual responce to action so I think this is why its not important enough for people to invest in the audio and use there funds for larger displays
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited October 2009
    The incredible immersion can become annoying? Your crazy! Its my favorite part of my audio system right now. Your sensories must overload too easily. :D

I'm only annoyed when a game underestimates my system's bass output. In a game like BlazBlue there is one attack (the vampire girl) that is just waaaaaay too loud in the LF compared to everything else. Same goes for Disagaea.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • buymesome
    edited October 2009
    I should have stated that I was referring to fatigue endured by online gaming like FPS

I agree that good audio is mandatory for getting the best experience in a normal campaign type of game

Maybe you should invest in a larger display like a pj as I can see you getting the most out of the experience with that 32" postcard
  • lanion
    edited October 2009
    Haha.. yeah. In time. I had a 100" FP setup for a while but had to sell it. That was pretty awesome.... itll happen again someday. Fortunately the audio sweet spot is about 3 feet in front of the TV right now so it works out.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • dfledezma
    dfledezma Posts: 148
    edited October 2009
    Thief series, has anyone played them???
  • bevo
    bevo Posts: 306
    edited October 2009
    buymesome wrote: »
    Yep socom shines outa all the above with all its THX certified glory having the best seperation . I really am able to tell exactly where theshots are coming from and it does make good use of the LFE at just the right times

Mostly though video game audio becomes very annoying and causes a sense overload . This can affect your play performance along with intense visual responce to action so I think this is why its not important enough for people to invest in the audio and use there funds for larger displays
    I totally disagree with that. I couldn't play shooters without at least 5.1 surround, and really like the 7.1 on the ps3 even better. In the new operation flashpoint game the only way you have of even knowing where the enemy is, is by listening to where the shots came from. That game would be so hard on the hardcore setting with just a TV for the sound. With 7.1 surround sound you have a very large advantage over someone with just a tv.

I do agree though that if you are playing on a 20 inch tv that I would upgrade that before buying the surround sound. But if I had at least 32 inch tv I would get an HT system before upgrading to 1080p, or a larger screen.
    Denon 1909, want to upgrade for pre outs
    Fronts-polk RTi A5
    center-polk CSi A4
    Sides Polk FXi A6
    rears- polk rm8's
    sub-SVS pb-13 ultra
    Blue ray-ps3
    Panasonic plasma 50 inch
    Buttkicker(don't use or need it anymore since getting the Ultra)
  • ballen823
    edited October 2009
    Anyone that owns a PS3 would be doing themselves a disservice by not picking up Uncharted 2. Not only is it one of the best sounding games, but might be one of the best games I've ever played.

It plays out like a movie, and one that is better then most of today's Hollywood scripts. Phenomenal.
  • buymesome
    edited October 2009
    ballen823 wrote: »
    Anyone that owns a PS3 would be doing themselves a disservice by not picking up Uncharted 2. Not only is it one of the best sounding games, but might be one of the best games I've ever played.

It plays out like a movie, and one that is better then most of today's Hollywood scripts. Phenomenal.

I could not stop laughing at the tv commercial for this game with the guy and his gf . I wont spoil it but watch it and youl see what I mean
  • buymesome
    edited October 2009
    Sure just go to you tube and you will find step by step video guides

Its not the proper thread for asking such a question also there too many variables to this question

On the tube youl learn how to disable updates via the network so you dont get caught doing illegal transferral of data

You could recive a huge fine or get the fbi on yo **** ?

I can see the wii going in the same direction as the sega dreamcast
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited October 2009
    canary1234 wrote: »
    Can Anyone tell me how to copy wii games to dvd and burn wii games?
    I don't know how.
    Pls help me. THanks.

Reported
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • ballen823
    edited October 2009
    buymesome wrote: »
    I could not stop laughing at the tv commercial for this game with the guy and his gf . I wont spoil it but watch it and youl see what I mean

I saw that. Great commercial.
  • buymesome
    edited November 2009
    Oh cath go buy them like everyone else . This is a forum for audio enthusiasts
  • AKS
    AKS Posts: 31
    edited May 2010
    I haven't visited this thread for awhile. I wondered if anyone knew of a database or resource for easily determining what type of audio is available for games. I'm getting sick of scouring the net every time a new game shows up, especially when a lot of games incorrectly display a game's actual available audio. With games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Red Dead Redemption on PS3, my display on my receiver says 7.1, but my rear surrounds do not produce any sound. I'd like to just know what's available in the first place, but other than Naughty Dog's awesome in-game audio detection and adjustment system, most don't tell you much about the audio.
  • rmknotts123
    rmknotts123 Posts: 144
    edited June 2010
    Im going to throw Bad Company 2 out there. I rented it to see if it was worth purchasing, and it is I might add. There is some pretty kick **** surround sound. If you have a 5.1 system this game will make your spine tingle.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2010
    I agree, BC2 does have impressive sound.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited June 2010
    Uncharted 2
    Dead Space
    Bad Company 2
    Alan Wake
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • rmknotts123
    rmknotts123 Posts: 144
    edited June 2010
    Uncharted 2 sucks (not the audio or the game), but online play. Once you spend 8 hours playing the game you will have it beat and never play the game again. I'm not sure about dead space, I've never played it. Bad Company 2 however is amazing, even online. So once you beat the game you will have fun playing P2P.
  • lanion
    edited June 2010
    Uncharted 2 does not suck. Best single player adventure/cinematic experience ever. Multiplayer is meh but not bad.

There is something to be said for a super high quality game that you CAN finish in less than 20 hours... or even 10 hours.

HT:
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited June 2010
    lanion wrote: »
    Uncharted 2 does not suck. Best single player adventure/cinematic experience ever. Multiplayer is meh but not bad.

There is something to be said for a super high quality game that you CAN finish in less than 20 hours... or even 10 hours.

Agreed. It doesn't mean if you can beat a game in 10-20 hours that its a bad game. My experience say with metroid prime was much better than game like final fantasy 7. Im MP, I enjoyed the entire game (about 15 hours first time I think) while ff7 took like 40. But it seems developors just added random crap to make it longer so there was long sengments of the game I couldn't stand (The first five hours in that big city was the worst)

So in the end, did I enjoy final fantasy 7... of course but its not better because its longer.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • ramirezevanswa
    ramirezevanswa Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    If the audio is marvellous in your game then you can enjoy in playing game.There are lots of games which have a good audio like Ps3 games,Xbox 360,NES games etc.If the games are action and have terrible audio then you feel like gaming character.
    Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited June 2010
    dead space- absolutlely, Bioshock was pretty good too
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111
  • ashlynnjem
    ashlynnjem Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    While according to me these are best Audio Game are:->The Lost Vikings,Secret of Mana and Super Putty.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2010
  • wouldrichest
    wouldrichest Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Gaara wrote: »
    Ditto. Honestly any AAA game is going to be solid audio.

Gears of War 2 was a blast all the way through, with the intro being a standout which gets you pumped up.

Dead Space was phenomenal and totally nailed the atmosphere.

Bioshock was the same way, the sound recordings and ambient affects pulled you into the game.

Killzone 2 was similar to GoW2, weak dialogue but amazing music and effects that really bring you into the world.

Company of Heroes on the PC is a standout for me, everything just sounds so real.
    Dead Space was simply stunning. Best use of surround I've heard in a game, and definitely increased the scare factor. Bioshock was also very immersive.

Played quite a bit of Batman: Arkham Asylum last night, and the sound in that game is PHENOMENAL. I'm seriously blown away that they finally made a Batman game that is GOOD and makes you feel like Batman. Definitely worth a buy.
  • gyrertr
    gyrertr Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Game audio network guide is a best audio with games thus it is a support the game industry thus this audio is a win the awards thus it have a midi and best sound thus it have a best sound effect thus it have get listen clear volume.it is a musical sound of a video game thus it is a best technology.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited July 2010
    What is it with this thread and spammers?
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited July 2010
    I've got to add to the list Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PS3. Just picked up this game and this thing hits hard!