Do i need an EQ?

whitey240sx
whitey240sx Posts: 15
edited March 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey i am currently running MM6 components, audio bahn 6x9's and an hx2 in my 240sx...should i buy an EQ? i heard that it will make a system sound better...to power the speakers i have a 4 channel amp and 2 channel amp both fosgate...
Post edited by whitey240sx on

Comments

• Crankbait
    Crankbait Posts: 4
    edited March 2003
    An eq or a crossover will improve sound greatly.A crossover would probably be better and not as expensive and easier to mount.However i used to run a sony eq with the spectrum analyzer(cool dancing lights) and it basically boosted treble more clear and loud and same for the bass.You can customize the settings to your personal preference at the push of a button.You can basically adjust any sound frequency you wantwhether it be vocal,treble,bass,and anything inbetween.Personally i loved mine and wish i had another one.Just gotta do some customizing usually to your dash though to make them fit unless you got double din(which you probably do) but i think their worth it.:lol:
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    most in dash eq's are only 5 or 7 band at most and not worth the effort of install unless u've got double din -- and then u have to say "is it worth 300 bucks for a dash 5 band eq?".

if you're going to go the EQ route - best go with something from audio control that ties into your RCA patch lines before the amp(s)... they have quality 2 and 4 channel EQ's that are 18+ band.. the EQT is over 30 bands but is drastically OVERKILL (and you'd need one for each channel anyway).
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited March 2003
    But vinnie..I love my 6band eq in the dash..its tweeks just enough without overkill..and i can adjust it from my drivers seat- neat little lights too. One thing..like the Audio control and the eclipse as well as other...most are line drivers also... so keep this in mind as well..

happy hunting...:p
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited March 2003
    As for eq's what do you guys think about the Orion that's on the market? Looks good to me but I want a second opinion. They run about 1100 but I can get it off ebay new for about 400.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.