Options
T.C.P.L
T.C.P.L Posts: 3
I use

RT 20P fronts
CSI 400 Centre
FXI 500 Surrounds
PSW 650 Sub

I am having huge difficulty in correctly locating this side firing PSW 650 monster! The 450 was a peice of cake by comparison.
Any suggestions?
Post edited by T.C.P.L on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Let's first discuss exactly how it is wired, and how you have your bass management set up in your AVR or pre/pro.

After that we'll work on placement.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2003
    Options
    put sub at primary listning position and crall around the primiter of the room and listen for where you get the most bass. and put sub there. if it is pleaseing to you .
  • T.C.P.L
    T.C.P.L Posts: 3
    edited March 2003
    Options
    RT20P Bi Wired
    CS400 Bi Wired
    FX 500i normal
    PSW 650 Sub Pre out to Left and Right "in" (unfiltered)
    Pioneer 509. Speakers set to large Front, small centre, small rear.
    The room is 5.5m x 5.5m with not much room to put the sub next to the speakers. Currently it sits 90 deg to the fronts.
    Pioneer vx10i is on its way so I'd like to optimize the 650's performance first.
    I have moved the sub around the room using a mechanics creeper, to lift it will mean 6 months first at the gym, or 6 months afterward at the chiropractor!
    Cheers for your help thus far.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited March 2003
    Options
    The PSW650 "L/R In" inputs are filtered. The PSW650 only has one unfiltered input - it is labeled LFE/Subwoofer.

If you are not connected to that single input, please do so, recalibrate sub volume, and see how the sub sounds before proceeding further with placement.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS