Big Three

arun1963
arun1963 Posts: 1,797
edited August 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi,

Have read about the big three upgrade in various threads here but hazy about the following:

1. What exactly does it entail and what are the benefits?

2. How will it impact my extended warranty? Vehicle is under extended warranty till 10/10.

3. If I do this will I get more headroom from my setup?

Currently running the following setup:
Hu: Pio p880
Fronts : MMC 6500
Sub ; MM2124
4ch : PA 500.4
Mono : PA 400.1

If any other info is required pls let me know. I am hopeless with connections and installs.......:o

Tried searching the forums with "big three upgrade", didnt get very far.....
Post edited by arun1963 on

Comments

• cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited August 2009
    1. entails running larger ground wire. benefits r tremendous.

2. does not impact extended warranty although chances of you needing it become slimmer after install

3. headroom..hmmm don't see why not...

4. bottom line its a positive move across the board. makes entire car run better. i see as pouring gas into gas tank with that secondary opening clogged or even closed(factory grounds, etc.) vs wide open!!

i seemed to find a lot on "big 3" when searching(pics and such) but most of it seemed kinda useless. forget about big 3 arun its all hype.. what u want is to transform your cars lifeline, mainly its ground.. what car u got? chances r all u will need to do is batt. to ground and engine block to ground. running new wire to alternator wouldn't hurt either. i also hear people doing tranny ground and something else can't think of it but i only did ground wires(never had any problems with lights dimming, voltage drops, etc) and think i'm set. (4 gauge)
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3