System I have

Pastorpat20
Pastorpat20 Posts: 3
edited August 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Okay, so I have a pair of SR 124 DVC 12's with a PA1200.1 pushing them, I also have two pairs of the SR6500 components in my Tahoe. I have an Alpine PXE-H650 signal processor where I don't have to mess up my steering wheel controls, and I'm also running a Tsunami 2 Farad Capacitor. I hear a bit of static when I turn my stereo up about a 1/4-1/2 up out of my SR's up front. Is this normal? I've had them installed for around 2 months now, so I know they have had time to break in. Any ideas?? I also have a rattling sound coming from one of my SR subs. It sounds like metal clanging around inside of it. Is this normal? I think it's blown, but I'm not sure. If anyone could give me some insight to this I'd really appreciate it. I've spent a lot of money on this and I don't want to be disappointed, which is what is happening right now. Thanks
Post edited by Pastorpat20 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2009
    Are you using the stock head unit? If so the static could be the noise you get when you run a setup like that.

As for the metal, have you taken the sub out of the box to make sure nothing is loose and rattling around?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Pastorpat20
    edited August 2009
    I checked the other day, I took the subs out of the box and made sure everything was still connected and it was. Before the rattle occurred I heard a big pop and smoke came out of the box that really smelled bad, so I dunno what happened there. Any other things that it could be?
  • Pastorpat20
    edited August 2009
    ..and yes I'm using a stock head unit.
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited August 2009
    They make steering wheel interfaces for aftermarket radios that work really well. Dump the factory and get a real headunit. If you had smoke come out of your box you are in trouble. Your going to need to replace that sub.