Sabbath fans, Rejoice! - (kinda)

Options
etrigan
etrigan Posts: 160
edited March 2003 in Music & Movies
Didn't even know this was being considered for DVD release, but went to Best Buy today, just to sniff around...and came across "Black Sabbath-Never Say Die" The '78 concert recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon in England.
I can throw away my centuries old VHS tape in the bin-at last :D
O.K. - This was the last tour with the original lineup -(Ozzy/Tony/Geezer/Bill) On the "Never Say Die Tour" Ozzy had left the band shortly in '77 but returned for this tour (things were not pleasant between band members at this time) and it shows.

The Facts - DVD is Region 1 only/Ratio is 4:3/2.0 and 5.1 DD/
Price was 19.99 - for a 60 minute Disc, no extras, no subtitles, English only/...nada :supermad:.

Video/Audio quality is not the Greatest, But it has certainly never looked or sounded better. (I have been watching this on VHS for
apx. 20 years :eek: )

For those interested in such things, I would highly recom. it!
For all the "younguns" This is your chance to see OZ about 25 yrs. ago - Not quite the same guy as you see on "The Osbournes Cable show"
Geezer on the Rickenbacker/Bill's "Spaced out lookinhiseyes" Solo/Oz's Overweight,Drunk,Drugged stage presence/and Tony's Cool,Calm,Sopisticated,Plastic finger-tipped guitar playing. (Solo is Excellent) Is well worth the price of admission !

Of course, This is IMHO (A Sabbath fan from birth :p) YMMV.

CHEERS ! jefff
Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
Post edited by etrigan on

Comments

• heavyismymetal
    heavyismymetal Posts: 28
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Sounds like a "must have". I will check it out. Thanx!
    HT Setup:
    Denon DHT-682
    Denon sc-70s front/rear
    Denon sc-70c center
    Polk PSW-202 sub
    Music Room Setup:
    JVC RX-992 receiver
    Polk RTi 70's Bi-Wired
    Polk PSW350
    The Car Barn:
    Aiwa NSX-D30