question on two amps

kickerds
kickerds Posts: 6
edited July 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
ok i might get flamed for asking this because im sure its somewhere on this forum but i cant find it. but im going to run two amps and my head unit only has one set of pre outs, so how do i run a second set of rca's to my head unit? and can i bridge my power line between the two amps? thanks.. oh and another question im going to use a single chanel amp made by blaupunkt and it has 2 sets of pre-outs on it, i was wondering which set i connect the rcas to. the help is very much appreciated.
Post edited by kickerds on

Comments

• only126db
    only126db Posts: 157
    edited July 2009
    kickerds wrote: »
    ok i might get flamed for asking this because im sure its somewhere on this forum but i cant find it. but im going to run two amps and my head unit only has one set of pre outs, so how do i run a second set of rca's to my head unit? and can i bridge my power line between the two amps? thanks.. oh and another question im going to use a single chanel amp made by blaupunkt and it has 2 sets of pre-outs on it, i was wondering which set i connect the rcas to. the help is very much appreciated.

If your amp has a set of 'preouts' you only need to run one set of rca's from the deck and a shorter set between the one amps output and the others input.

Do not jump power wires from amp to amp, use a distribution block.

One set of rca's on the amp should say input and one output or bypass, if not refer to the manual.
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited July 2009
    might want to check Crutchfield
    there is installation information and adapters available

for example :

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/product/search/searchresults.aspx?SearchTab=Shop&us=2&search=rca+y+&x=0&y=0
  • kickerds
    kickerds Posts: 6
    edited July 2009
    only126db wrote: »
    If your amp has a set of 'preouts' you only need to run one set of rca's from the deck and a shorter set between the one amps output and the others input.

Do not jump power wires from amp to amp, use a distribution block.

One set of rca's on the amp should say input and one output or bypass, if not refer to the manual.

thanks man i was about to ask about what you just explained here. which if im understanding is i can run a rca cable from one amp to another and then run another set of rcas out of one of the amps to the head unit right?