Easy system removal?

POLKOROLLA
POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
edited July 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
i am currently trying to think up some ideas for fullsize bronco i will be working on. it is my bro-n-law and he wants to be able to remove the subs and amp easily from the rear when needed for camping, trips, etc.

here is my current idea - don't know if it would work, but i know i am going to build a box for the amp to go on top of the sub box. jlaudio 1000/1 amp (2) jl10w3 subs. anyway i want to make a plug on the interior rear wheel well. something like a rv plug with the black plastic that would flip closed when not in use and just a loomed single cord coming from the amp box for p/g/r wires. the power and ground are 4 guage so i have to find an outlet that would handle that. it would have something similar on the opposite wheel well for the signal.

i would also put a toggle switch on the power and remote wires to kill all power when not in use. if anybody has any other ideas please please throw them at me. any idea is a good idea at this point. if my idea sounds stupid or needs more explaining please let me know.
Post edited by POLKOROLLA on

Comments