HELP with SETTING UP AN OEM HEAD TO AMP>..

JAGUARXKR2005
JAGUARXKR2005 Posts: 10
edited July 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 2005 Jaguar XKR Coupe W/ the 320 Watt Alpine System that consist of 3.5" on the dash, Tweets upper door, 6.5" Mid-bass at the bottom of the front doors, 6.5" Mid-Bass on the sides of the back seat and a 9" DVC sub in the rear deck that uses the trunk for the enclosure. I did get a print out of the factory wiring for the car that shows my wire color codes.

The front has 4 Channels running to it. The Dash and the Tweets get a Channel Pair and the Door Mid-Bass gets a Channel Pair, The back gets 2 Channels and the Sub has 2 Channels being one to each Voice Coil.

The Sub has Volume Control of its own from the Factory Unit.

I am wanting to Run a Processor so I can retain the Factory Head Unit but am not 100% sure of the hook-up of it. Please give your input of Brand and what channels to run to this processor of the 8 Speaker wires I have going around the car. I was looking at a Audio Control DQL-8 Processor that has Inputs for 8 Channels and Outputs for 6 Channels.... The Side shows that it sums the Inputs for the 1/2 & 3/4 to an Output of Front and 5/6 Rear and 7/8Sub. Please inform me if I am wrong and how to set this up correctly...

The Amp for the system is easy to get to in the trunk but should I run on the After amp side or before amp side to the Processor. If I run after the amp then I know what wires are what but if it is before I have no clue. Would I run all four channels from the front to the processor or just one set?

I am doing the SR6500's for front and back and not sure yet about sub. I will power the system with a PDX 4.150 and a PDX 1000.1 or Mcintosh MCC404M and a Mcintosh MONO AMP.

I had originaly planned to use the sr6500 up front and Bi-Amp the set with the 4 Channels that already run up there from the Factory Amp but figured I would be more happy running a Better Amp....

I can send the Audio System Diagram if it will help anyone...

THANKS!!!!
Post edited by JAGUARXKR2005 on

Comments