Speaker Grill Cloth...

Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
edited July 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Can anyone tell me where to purchase some black speaker grill cloth without ordering it online. Called all the shops in my area and no one has any in stock. Wanted to put the final touches on my GS-R install this weekend but without the cloth, this may not happen. Would Joann Fabrics carry such a thing? Thanks.

Rob
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• only126db
    only126db Posts: 157
    edited July 2009
    99% of places will not have speaker grill cloth, the best you can do from a fabric shop will be to hold the fabric up to the light and see how much light it lets through the weave of material, the more visually transparent usually the more sound it will let through.

You may be able to find some at an electronics supply shop that sells speakers and supplies but they are few and far between.
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited July 2009
    I got mine at Joann and it works perfectly, but not all of them stock it. If you cannot find it locally I would recommend the stuff that Sal suggested, good luck!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited July 2009
    +1 on the parts-express suggestion. Stretchy, easy to work with, and the sheen is the same on both sides. Also, I've used the 3-M brand spray glue with good results and you have some working time with it.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited July 2009
    Well, here is a link to the pics of the final product (scroll to the bottom), ended up finding speaker grill cloth at Jo-anns, worked well. Thanks guys.

Rob

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85610
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2009
    I got mine from JoAnn's' Install looks very good.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it