OK, help me out here

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited March 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
How the hell am I going to cram all of this into a 2001 Jeep Wrangler?

Kenwood KDC-MP822
Kicker RS5c
Kicker KX550.3
Kicker S8L5 DVC Solo Baric
Clarion SRC4694

I have no clue where I can stuff the sub. I can go as small as .35 cubic feet but i don't see how that is possible and still being able to fit the sub in the box. I don't want to cut up the center console if I can help it but that just may be what I have to do. UGH! What the hell do I get myself into sometimes?

Oh, the reasons I am going with speakers that aren't Polk is because Polk doesn't have anything that I feel will perform up to the level that is needed in an open top vehicle like a Jeep. The Solo-Baric will bump very well, especially since it is a DVC and the other speaker fit the stock speaker locations perfectly. The RS5c components fit the soundbar on the roll bar and the Clarion speakers are bi-ampable. With a small speaker like a 4x6, 3, 4 or 5.25 inch speaker, seperate voice coils for the tweeter and woofer go a long way. This will best fit the needs of the owner IMO. I would use a MOMO sub but its just too big.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited March 2003
    you could build a new center console with a down fireing sub.. this looks good and sounds good
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    i'm not sure of the "**** under the dash" ina wrangler, but, for my jeeps / small trucks / etc etc, there is usually at least 8 - 10 inches of "flat" straight up and down firewall on the passenger side. if you cut through the sheetmetal and bolted (or welded if u're nifty like that) a metal shield behind it, you coul dmount a small wooden box in there that would be flush with the firewall cabin side and protrude into the engine compartment (but not much since u're only doin less than .4 cubes).

i had thought about doing that for two 8's in my truck... didn't because its a lot of work, but it would have been cool.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge