Options
2»

Comments

• pablo_rodz
    pablo_rodz Posts: 331
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    That amp has been modded quite a bit. You are going to need new jacks. I would just use some nice after market types.

Hi Ben, welcome back to the forum. Needless to say, you were missed!

Modded huh? I wouldn't have guessed that.

From the pics what would you say has been modded?

Also I replaced the RCA's with chassis mount gold plated jacks. I still have a fairly loud hum.

Thanks for your help
    HT:
    Projector - JVC HD100, 100" Fixed Screen, A/V Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH, Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300-EX, BluRay - Sony PS3, (2) ADCOM GFA 555 Bridged, Speakers - LSi 15, LSi C, LSi FX, Sub - 12" M&K VX-1250.

Living Room:
    Schiit Saga, Parasound HCA-600, OPPO BDP-103D, LSi7
  • fr3d
    fr3d Posts: 1
    Options
    sorry to dig up an old thread but I was just wondering if you ever fixed this issue. I have the exact same problem and I'm getting told by repair techs "we can't get the parts, fix it yourself"! So I'd like to just use some generic aftermarket RCA chassis mount connectors too but I don't exactly know how to go about the actually soldering itself, I've never worked with circuit boards, just some basic point to point type stuff. Thanks.
  • pablo_rodz
    Options
    Hello,

I fixed it by cutting a piece of plastic to which I mounted gold plated RCA Jacks. The soldering was easy, Its not pretty or OEM looking, but it works.
    HT:
    Projector - JVC HD100, 100" Fixed Screen, A/V Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH, Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300-EX, BluRay - Sony PS3, (2) ADCOM GFA 555 Bridged, Speakers - LSi 15, LSi C, LSi FX, Sub - 12" M&K VX-1250.

Living Room:
    Schiit Saga, Parasound HCA-600, OPPO BDP-103D, LSi7
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Ben is the adcom guru, give him a jingle. He's a good guy willing to help a Polkie in need.

Didn't he pass away?