Speaker Color Code for 2005 Jaguar XKR Coupe W/Alpine???

JAGUARXKR2005
JAGUARXKR2005 Posts: 10
edited July 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 2005 Jaguar XKR Coupe that I can not find the speaker color codes. The system is the Factory Alpine set-up. The 3.5" Dash is a basic Black and Red wire that is labeled + & -. I am guessing that these are wired into the 5.25 on the doors then there is tweets. There is 6 x 9's on the sides in the back and a 8" sub in the back deck with two sets of wires one to each side of the sub. guessing a 4ohm DVC.

Is there a way to tell what wire is Neg & Pos if I can not find the color code?

Thanks
Post edited by JAGUARXKR2005 on

Comments

• kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited July 2009
    Personally thats something you should check in your manual or something in regards to your deck being that it is a factory install. Or maybe a google search? If you really need to know now sort of thing, and if you can get to your speakers (and physically see their cone) I'd say disconnect the wires from a speaker. Label where each end came from off the speaker terminals. Connect speaker wire to the ends of the speaker itself, then tap each end of the speaker wires to a AA battery (one obviously to the + and the other to the -). If the cone moves outward, its connected the correct way, from there label whatever side of the wire was connected to the positive end (thatll be the positive end on your speaker terminal) and vice versa. Remember TAP the wire to the ends of the battery, do not hold it as this will damage the voice coils on your speaker, hope this helps.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • JAGUARXKR2005
    JAGUARXKR2005 Posts: 10
    edited July 2009
    Thanks... The battery should be a quick way to tell on the speakers then mark the wire side that comes from the car.
    How can I tell on the Tweet?
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited July 2009
    Ah theyre components? Well I would assume that they use the same color code throughout the midranges and tweeters dont they? If not, its back to google for you imo.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,362
    edited July 2009
    I would consult the dealer with regards to the car and here is why...

Jaguar, like most luxury cars these days, uses a system called mulitplexing for wiring their cars. This means that multiple systems in the car can be controlled by a single wire. In the doors for example, a wire used for a speaker positive could also be a GROUND connection for the power door locks or even the windows. If you mess with even one connection and get it wrong, there goes the car's warranty.

Use extreme care! I drive a VanDen Plas and would not mess with any system on the car for fear of the same thing

John
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson