Active Crossover

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Can anyone recommend what active crossover i should use to bi-wire a set of mm465s and two mm120s? I need the crossover to have 3 RCA inputs so as my DAC/Time Alignment will work to its best.

Colin
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    3 pair of inputs (3 left + 3 right) or 3 inputs ( left, right, and other left or another right) ?
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • automaticman
    automaticman Posts: 21
    edited March 2003
    I'm sure he means 3 pairs of inputs. I haven't seen that many x-overs with that, I know Coustic makes one ( i can't remember the model number) and there's the Audiocontrol 6XS - which is a very nice piece, but it uses resistor packs to set the x-over points so it takes a little more work to set up.
  • Systems
    edited March 2003
    Yea Buddy 3 pairs of RCA inputs. I have Time Alignment straight before it so if it didn't use 3 pairs of RCA inputs i would lose that. I had an AudioBahn one which i just sold. It just wasn't good enough for what i needed. The problem with Audio Control is i am in the UK and no one imports them here so the modules are hard to come across.

I want the Nakamichi EC-302 but i can't find one anywhere, and think it might be a bit expensive. Well there is one on E-bay in Germany but he is selling it with loads of other stuff and wont split.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2003
    One option is to get amps with built in crossovers with a x20 switch. Alpine's MRV-F540 can be used with a set of MM6's with a single set of stereo inputs to run all 4 channels. You can use channels 1,2 for the mids which can be bandpassed, and use the other two channels for the tweeters and high pass them. We have done a couple of setups like this and it works great.
  • automaticman
    automaticman Posts: 21
    edited March 2003
    What do you recommend is a good x-over point / slope for a pair of MM6 run active?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2003
    I would run the mids at 55-3k and the tweeters high-passsed at 3.5k. That's just a starting point. You can fine tune from there.
  • Systems
    edited March 2003
    Thanks, that's some good info. I have just got a Sony XEC-1000 which I'm going to use until i get a XDP-4000x.

What would you suggest the RMS power rating for the tweeters and mids separately are for a MM465 system?

Also any info on the Momo 8" sub that will be released? When will it be released, what will the RMS power be, what will be the mounting depth? I am hoping to mount this in the Doors with my MM465. Will the 8" be the smallest or will a 6" sub be available?

Cheers all!!!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing