Polk audio device?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a toyota, bought it used and I went to the dealership to have the speakers checked (rattle) the dealership said the it has and after market device on the speaker and it has voided the warrenty. what is this? A car sytems on this site show a gray box that connects to the speakers, is it an amp. ?? please help
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2003
    can you be more specific?
    an amp will be mounted to something
    ie wall seat something
    not just hanging on the wire
    and if you follow the wire it will lead you to the fuse relay center or to the battery
    if the guy told you it voided the warranty then he has to know what it is to know it voided the warranty
    otherwise it cant void the warranty...i wouldnt think...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    i'm bettin 10 bucks its a crossover.

voided your warranty? guy is smokin crack... having an aftermarket speaker means u have no more audio / no more speaker warranty -- the rest of the warranty on your car is still in full tact.. . if he wants to challenge you on that, tell him to shove the "device" up his rear... and then tall toyota corporate and get ahold of a lawyer to write him a nasty letter.

I hate dealers... always have... always will. Good mechanics are hard to find, but once you find one, hold on to him/her, and be loyal.... (sounds like relationshp advice... LMFAO.. but its mechanic applicable).
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2003
    Hey thanks! It is a crossover, the guy/gal before me must of had a system in the truck and took out the radio-cd-amp-and speakers and left the crossovers (had to leave the crossovers because the stock radio system would have not worked with out adding some wire) and ya the dealer is smoking something!!!! I'll be calling them tomorrow
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing