sub noise

racer4551
racer4551 Posts: 373
anybody everheard a sub make a low hum when idle (all components off) . the signal led stays green all the time it never shuts off.(red means off or standbuy correct?) maybe i dont have it connected properly? i have two subs in this setup one wired to the lfe out of my denon 2802 and the other is wired to the front r&l outputs of receiver to high level inputs on sub. i tried connecting both subs to the receiver lfe preout with y splitter to both low inputs on subs but had very weak sub response. any suggestions?:confused: ps. the one that makes noise is the sub thats connected high level.
*HT PRE-PRO*:Rotel rsp-1068, *AMP*:Rotel RMB 1095 *DVD PLAYER*:Denon 2200,*CD PLAYERS*,Arcam Alpha Mcd 6 disk carasel,Hughes Hdtv receiver, Hughes hdvr2,*MAINS*:Polk LSI 15'S, *CENTER*:Polk LSIC, *SIDE SURROUNDS*:Polk LSIFX,*REAR SURROUND*:Polk LSI 7'S,*SUB*:SVS PB2+*.MONITOR*:Mitsubishi ws48413 hdtv,Monsterpower hts2500X2,,Sony playstation2,Harmony sst-659 remote
Post edited by racer4551 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    edited March 2003
    This hum is the transformer in the subwoofer.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • racer4551
    racer4551 Posts: 373
    edited March 2003
    will it cause any problems?
    *HT PRE-PRO*:Rotel rsp-1068, *AMP*:Rotel RMB 1095 *DVD PLAYER*:Denon 2200,*CD PLAYERS*,Arcam Alpha Mcd 6 disk carasel,Hughes Hdtv receiver, Hughes hdvr2,*MAINS*:Polk LSI 15'S, *CENTER*:Polk LSIC, *SIDE SURROUNDS*:Polk LSIFX,*REAR SURROUND*:Polk LSI 7'S,*SUB*:SVS PB2+*.MONITOR*:Mitsubishi ws48413 hdtv,Monsterpower hts2500X2,,Sony playstation2,Harmony sst-659 remote
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    edited March 2003
    Nope, just a hum that the transformer has. It might annoy the listener though; as it seems it has caused a concern for you as well. Don't worry about it though.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.