Enough To push Lsi15's?

Options
Clay19
Clay19 Posts: 27
edited March 2003 in Electronics
I have a Musical Designs D-75 Amp right now that i am using to push my RT55i's, Musical Design D-75B but I am about to purchase some Lsi's. Do you think that this amp has enough power to do the Lsi 15's justice? Or do you think it would be better if I settled for the Lsi9's paired with a sub? I really dont have the money to spend on a more powerful amp.
-Adcom GTP-502 Preamp
-Musical Designs D-75 Amp
-Polk Ebony LSi9's
-Sony NS500V SACD/CD/DVD
-Velodyne CHT-10
Post edited by Clay19 on

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2003
    Options
    It should do a decent job at the 15s, but I would go for something around 200wpc for them.

Also, you wouldn't be "settling" for some 9s and a sub. I think with 9s and a sub you have a lot more placement and tweaking options.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Agreed on 'settling', it would hardly be that.

Try it if it's what you have. If it doesn't quite float yer boat, any chance of getting a second one, and bi-amping? Looks like a decent high current amp, I think you will be o-k.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Clay19
    Clay19 Posts: 27
    edited March 2003
    Options
    If i can get another one of the amps, i can get for $150, so do you think Biamping the Lsi9's instead of the 15's would yield a worthy improvement for $150?

~Clay
    -Adcom GTP-502 Preamp
    -Musical Designs D-75 Amp
    -Polk Ebony LSi9's
    -Sony NS500V SACD/CD/DVD
    -Velodyne CHT-10
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2003
    Options
    If you can bi-amp, and want towers, then get the 15s. You wouldn't have to bi-amp with the 9s.

I only have about 120wpc going to my 9s, and they get loud and stay solid. I have an Arcam AVR-200.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200