SDA SRS's for sale

Options
Bigbang
Bigbang Posts: 233
edited June 2009 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Well, I don't like to do this but I'm selling my SRS's. They are the original SRS's with sl2000's and 6503 drivers.. They are in great condition and probably a 7.5/10. The wood is solid wood and is in great condition. The drivers are in good condition except for the right speaker the driver second from the top on the right side has a dent in the dust cap. Also, the grill cloth is probably a 5/10. It could be replaced but looks respectable as it is. I have 3 yards of Pointe Black grill cloth I will include for that job. I also have the interconnect cable. I live close to Indianapolis Indiana and will be willing to meet or deliver. I'll do what I can with gas prices...

Price - $1000

Reason - I really jumped into this with both feet. I don't have the right amp to drive them and I really need a good pre or DAC or both to get the sound I want out of these so I'm going to downsize for now and slowly build a nice 2 channel system over time (without the wife knowing) It's easier to hide a pre and a DAC than it is to hide these monoliths... So... I'm going to downsize, get the right equipment and do it right.

Thanks to everyone who has been very helpful on this forum. It's really your fault for showing me the right way to do audio :)

Please let me know if you need more Pictures. I will be happy to provide.

I'll post it here for a week and if nothing serious comes of it, I'll throw it on CL/eBay.

Thanks,

David
I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.
Post edited by Bigbang on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited June 2009
    Options
    pm sent....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited June 2009
    Options
    next in line pm sent
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Good luck John maybe the time has come.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    Options
    one can only hope... I drive down this weekend to take a look/listen
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,915
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thats one hell of a deal.

Good luck guys.
  • Toolfan66
    edited June 2009
    Options
    one can only hope... I drive down this weekend to take a look/listen

Take the truck.:cool:
  • maandjojo
    maandjojo Posts: 293
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Nice job john
    Joe
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    Options
    A deal is in the works...

• Toolfan66
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think Leroy should offer him more and take them out from under you.:D
  • bluecomet
    bluecomet Posts: 1,118
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It seems like a few of us are getting lucky with the SDA SRS big boys. It's great to see them go to club memebers who will really appreciate them. Good luck.
    Polk HT system 1: LSIC, LSI25 mains, LSI F/X rears, Lsi F/X rear centers,
    Yamaha RX-V2500 System, Carver A753 3 channel amp.

Polk HT system 2: , SRT system with f/x 1,000's rear speakers on 7.1 system currently using Onkyo TX-RZ820 receiver, powered by Sunfire Grand Theater amp

Polk Speaker collection: SDA SRS 1.2tl x 2, SRT system, SDA SRS 2 P/B, SDA 2A, SDA 1C Studio, SDA CRS+, Monitor 7B & 4, SRS 3.1tl, RTA 15tl, LS90, LSI 9
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    Options

If he so chooses to do so I would not be entirely upset because I am perfectly content with what I currently have, and it would not be the first time the monoliths have escaped me. I am going to see Nik and his Tl's this weekend... I realize you are joking TFL, but I fail to see the humor:)

• leroyjr1
    edited June 2009
    Options

That's not my style. I would rather see John get them. He's been a Hawk finding SDA's
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I sure wish I new someone in Southern CA that owned a pair of these! I'd love to audition them and see what all the fuss is about.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    That's not my style. I would rather see John get them. He's been a Hawk finding SDA's

I am sitting on the locations of at least 20 pairs of them:D

• nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    Options
    dpowell wrote: »
    I sure wish I new someone in Southern CA that owned a pair of these! I'd love to audition them and see what all the fuss is about.
    count yourself fortunate to have never heard them. Once you have heard them there is no going back... You don't own them, they OWN YOU!;)

• Toolfan66
    edited June 2009
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »

I know thats not your style Leroy, I would like to see John get them as well.

He has been hungry for them since i have been here. I am sure he will take them home.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited June 2009
    Options
    count yourself fortunate to have never heard them. Once you have heard them there is no going back... You don't own them, they OWN YOU!;)

That's what I'm afraid of....:eek:

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am out on these as well. My limit was set at 500 bucks, and I won't go higher

hit the lotto? Had a limit of 500.00 on a pair yesterday. Hope thats not rent money :D

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2009
    Options
    deleted

• Bigbang
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Bump. These are back on the market. I think Leroy was next.

d
  • cjmustang69
    cjmustang69 Posts: 117
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If Leroy doesn't purchase - would you email me at: dennyeve@yahoo.com as I would be very interested in these SRS's
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited June 2009
    Options
    BigBang, if by June 23th the people in line bail on these let me know. My wife is driving back with her sister from Port Huron MI so I will have them swing by your place and pick them up. They will be in a U-haul truck.

I will send you a PM with my mobile.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • Bigbang
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Leroy has found a good pair of speakers so it looks like Denny is next.
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Seriously?! Two people have already dropped from this?
  • Bigbang
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sold
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Glad someone did it.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • leroyjr1
    edited June 2009
    Options
  • Bigbang
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thanks,

Now I'm in need of a proper amp and some 1c's...

David