Question For Polk (coaxials)

phuz
phuz Posts: 2,372
edited March 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
With all of this recent speak of older, "better" models of Polk car products around here I'm wondering with the new line of Momo amps and the 6x9's that I saw, is there a new "better" line of coaxials coming? Be they momo or not, I'm just wondering if there will be some higher quality 5x7 or 6x8 coaxials or component systems that I can drop in my Ford. :)
Post edited by phuz on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2003
    according to Polkie Paul.... the momo line will carry a complete (or nearly) set of coaxials... 4x6 plates, 6.5 rounds, 6x9's... i am assumeing 5x7's and 5x8's as well... 8" and 15" subs coming too.

if they're just repainted DB's it'll be hte first time in my life that i will be GLAD that a company "rehashed" a product... but woa is me.... i'm not that lucky... however i do hold a good amount of hope for the quality of the momo coax line... i think it'll be a very good product.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2003
    I still think the dB's need to come back.

After all, I have to find something nice to put in my hot rod!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    Jstas -- image dynamics Camaleon sets... they are 5.25 or 6.5 (that euro 7" **** with the ring so its a 6.5, 6.75, 7.0 size) component sets that can be used either as comps or u can mount the tweet into the woofer by removing the dust cap and **** it in... thus, a coaxial for the rear..

90+ db's efficiency, 150 true rms, clean as hell, and sound as the DB's did. 349.99 MSRP .. cheaper if u dig around.

IMO they're the best "under 500 dollar" component set on the market today.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2003
    pbd-why didnt you tell me that before i bought my momo components for $325??
    lol
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    i just found out about the ID's like a few months ago.. very recently -- whats funny is... my inability to find confidence w/ momo is what drove me to hunt for better.

i'm still on the fence -- come summer i'm either going all momo (momo comps front / 6x9 rear) or i'm doing two sets of the ID Camaleon.