Hey, check out some of this new Orion stuff!

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited February 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
A friend of mine showed me the new Orion H2 subs for 2003. I went to the website and checked them out. Some pretty nice numbers and the discount sites have them for under 270 bucks.

Orion H2

sub_spl_15_orion.jpg

The amplifiers look pretty snazzy too.

Orion Audio

I can't get any decent specs on them though. I don't know if they just aren't published online yet or what. I do know that in the past, Orion has put out a premium product for a premium price but you got what you paid for.

The class D mono amps are looking pretty powerful but I can't find important specs other than output strength. They do have a 2500 watt 1 ohm stable amp that will run you about 600 bucks from a place like Car Media 1. That's a pretty awesome deal and blows away the MTX stuff that everyone is talking about
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    when orion was orion -- the HCCA line was killer.

orion was bought out / bought up / risen from the ashes by DEI (directed electronics, viper, clifford, etc etc) little while ago. whether or not DEI's orion can measure up to "orion" orion is yet to be seen.

nobody's said much about the new amps yet -- there were display models of the 3 amps at my local "STereo Advantage" store in buffalo, but they weren't selling any yet as no stock had come in(this was january).

the limited description given looked good (web) , but i was surprised to not even see specs listed next to it in the store... although the 1300+ price tag was easy to see...lol.

they look even better in person, the only bug i've got is i liked the old electro plate amps -- with the red "plating" all over them and the big ol chrome-ish handles. had a nice "look at me, i'm way better built and looking than you" appearance to them... hope maybe somethin like that'll come back out --- the new cases just remind me of RF and Kicker too much. orion's "unique" look was nice.

but how she looks naked matters more than what she's wearing... and i'm eagerly awaiting performance opinions of buyers.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge