Any SQL competition winners want to give advice to a SEMA show car build on audio?

Legion5
Legion5 Posts: 14
edited May 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys, I've got to understand more about the audio thing before I complete a sound system addon to a 2009 build which is the sort of thing we don't usually build into a car.

Also I do expect anyone who volunteers information to know what they are talking about. I can provide detailed photos about the car's stock setup to specific people but not in public. Let me know know if you'd be interested in a quick back and forth and I'll contact you directly too as that's always worked best for me. Thanks.

The car is a 2009 mustang (i know another) It's built as the best handling car at sema however so it's a pretty interesting car.

I'm trying to get it at least credible on a sound competition level.

Currently it's got an AVN 726E head unit (just came out & ordered last week), Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2 bluetooth equalizer, 3 McIntosh MC 431 400w+ amps (1 to the front speakers, 1 to the rear & midbass, 1 to the sub).

It has a custom enclosure of 2 cu. ft. in the rear deck made out of fibreglass for the rear full range speakers to isolate them from the sub, and a JL stealth box for the trunk.

I ordered 2 mega bulk packs of Dynamat and 4 1/2" Dynalineer packs.

I'm planning to buy: 2 JL ZR650-Csi speakers front, mountable with custom welded brackets. 2 JL ZR570-Csi speakers rear. 2 JL ZR800CW 8" midbass in the doors.

The Stealthbox came with a JL 13W6v2 for the sub, I'm not sure if thats worth replacing.

I've also ordered a Batcap Powerpack, which is supposed to handle a 8000 watt system and has a 35 Farad capacitor, the manufacturer says it can supply 600 watts @ 30 amps for 15 minutes. This is a 1200 watt system. For speaker wire I'm using Cobalt Cable.

Basically I picked out the most expensive things I could possibly pick.
Post edited by Legion5 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2009
    Shot ya a PM.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited May 2009
    Damn, I wish the build and install happened online. There would be tons to learn.

OP just wants to get it done and he knows doing it online would be a pain.......15 different people giving their $0.02 and all going in diff directions. :D

Ok so what if only op and mac were to post till the install is completed? Nah prob wouldnt happen........just wishfull thinking and fishing ;)

am sure it will turn out great
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited May 2009
  • Legion5
    Legion5 Posts: 14
    edited May 2009
    Sure I'll post updates, I'm just waiting for if and when Arron replies to my last e-mail to post the setup I finally decided on. Almost everything has changed at this point.
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited May 2009
    Legion5 wrote: »
    Sure I'll post updates, I'm just waiting for if and when Arron replies to my last e-mail to post the setup I finally decided on. Almost everything has changed at this point.

I hope ure now going to run the polk sr's speakers off the alpine pdx amps. Great sound and killer looks. :)

Can u share a list of the revised equipment? Tks
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2009
    Oops, my bad dude. Ive been lazy and havent checked my email in the last couple days. Ill hit ya back tonight.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D