Enclosure Dimentions

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi, I have 2 polk/MOMO 12s and I was wondering if anyone has dimentions for a Sealed .88 Cubic Foot Box. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AcuraLegend
    AcuraLegend Posts: 10
    edited October 2001
    Options
    The dimensions for a basic sealed box for your momo's is simply lengh x width x height then divide that number you get by 1728 to convert your volume to cubic feet. Just remember that that you need a total of about 1.76 ft if you decide to share the same airspace between the subs. You also have to add 1.5 inches to each final dimension to compensate for the wood (3/4 MDF board recommended). Check out the manual that come with your polks. It walks you through the process of building your box. And if you don't have on, you can down load them in pdf form from polks website. Hope that I could be a help.

Allerick B.
    93 Black Acura Legend 6-spd Manual. Soon to be Pioneer Deh-9300 Head Unit Deq-9200 Equalizer and DSP, Streetwire interconnects. PPI PC4400 Chrome(50x4 rms) and PPI PC2400 Chrome (100x2 rms or 400x1) MOMO 6.5" Component Highs up from, Infinity Kappa 6x9's in the rear
  • bm8998
    bm8998 Posts: 12
    edited October 2001
    Options
    HEY MATT WASS-UP!! SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT VERY SWIFT WITH CUTTING WOOD AND CALCULATING VOLUME ! I KNOW , IT TOOK SOME EFFORT ON MY PART TO FIGURE OUT MY BOX. FOR YOUR 12"S IF YOU MAKE THE OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS (OUTSIDE OF BOX) 30in.long by 14in. wide by10in. tall, THIS WILL GIVE YOU AN INTERNAL VOLUME OF 1.752, IF MY CALCULATIONS ARE CORRECT. ANOTHER TIP HOME DEPOT CAN CUT ALL THE WOOD FOR YOU AND THEN YOU CAN PUT IT TOGETHER YOURSELF AT HOME. BY THE WAY , INCASE YOU DON"T KNOW 3/4 MDF , YOU CAN USE PARTICLE BOARD. I BOUGHT THE WOOD, CUT IT, GLUED ITAND ASSEMBLED IT FOR LESS THAN $20. P.S. MY CALCULATIONS ARE FOR A SHARED BOX, THIS MEANS NO DIVIDER INSIDE.
  • djsSHO
    djsSHO Posts: 36
    edited October 2001
    Options
    For Everyone's sake STOP WRITING IN CAPS!!!!!!!:mad:
    Derek S.
    1994 MTX SHO
    Polk MOMO 12"