dvd players

glemay
glemay Posts: 574
edited February 2003 in Electronics
would you buy a single disc or 5 disc dvd player?
Main System:
Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
Post edited by glemay on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2003
    Single. The only reason to get a 5 disk is if you plan on playing CDs with it or can't get up every couple of hours to switch the disks (you will get up to pee or something anyway, you know you will).

Single disk players often offer better overall quality as well. If you are looking for a 5 disk though, I've got an H/K DVD-50 that I'm selling. :)
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2003
    the odds of youwanting to watch a seccond dvd you have in your dvd player is slim to none. if you get a 300+ that is a good thing.
  • rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2003
    Originally posted by phuz
    Single disk players often offer better overall quality as well.

Seems like multi disc players and especially the sony "infinity + 1" type of cd changers are sold to people impressed by disc capacity, not sound or video quality. There are exceptions, but that is just the generalization.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2003
    I have and will probably always have a single disc DVD player. although... my first DVD player was a twin disc Toshiba player.. loved it. Now single is fine for me. I do miss when listening to CD music.. not have a multi disc changer. I've never owned a mulitidisc.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2003
    I'd rather have a 5-disc because of all the bonus discs that are included with dvd's now. Yes, I am lazy. :)
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited February 2003
    I have the Toshiba 2150. It is a two disk DVD player. Nice when you have extras that you want to watch, or say like Pearl Harbor wich runs on 2 disks, great just to load up the other disk without getting up.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png