Amp For Sale!

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited March 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
MTX Blue Thunder 75.4 ....

specs

-- @ 12.5 v -- 65 x 4 / 250 x 2

-- @ 14.4 volts -- 90 x 4 / 325 x 2

this amp belongs to my buddy and is used but functioins well.

asking $50.00.

.... 2nd amp....

JBL GTQ 190.2

specs

-- @ 13.8 v -- 30 x 4 / 95 x 2 with less than 0.05% thd.

Good solid amp for highs, but its got a problem with the front left channel.... clips in an out occaionally... in bridged mode it is much less frequent but still happens to the front stage. Probably a bad connection some whereor an electrolytic gone bad... but i've not the time or energy to fix it...

-- Asking $40.00

email Poweredbydodge@juno.com

thankx
-vinnie.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• CPHILHOWER
    CPHILHOWER Posts: 343
    edited February 2003
    PBD, When you say the L/F channel clips on occasion. Do you mean that it cuts out? When it happens, Is there a weird noise? Kinda like a clicking sound?
    I wonder because maybe thats whats wrong with my system. Everytime (Especially at high volume) I hear a click noise. Seems to be located from my R/F door speaker. Its real quick coming an going. But I could swear, I hear it in the R/F door. Or maybe it just sounds like it because of speaker placement. Doesnt matter if driving or sitting.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    well its not the left front in my truck the way i had it wired but the speaker that is wired to the left front output of hte amp or the front bridged out (depending on how u run it) will kind of freeze up -- it'll push the speaker all the way out kinda and it'll click on the high notes.. giving garbled sound htat resembels turning a cheap pocket radio all the way up until the little thing sounds like a buzz saw.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    .. then it cuts out, .. silence... and comes back in perfect --- half an hour later .. same **** again.
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited February 2003
    Strange, that sounds like my problem. The whole stereo cuts out for a moment then comes back. Sometimes repeatedly. Sometimes a few minutes later. like when a cd skips. Cant be skipping, My head unit has a 10 sec buffer. I'll have to listen to the radio and see if it happens again.
    Chris
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited February 2003
    PBD, I have an idea. If I disconnect the R/F speaker lead at the amp and drive for a while to see if that is the problem. If it still happens, I will replace the speaker lead and disconnect the RCA from that channel. What do you think?
    Chris
  • LILDRAGON
    LILDRAGON Posts: 47
    edited February 2003
    Hi do you have any pics of the MTX amp? Thanks

johnle45@pacbell.net
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    chris --> as far as u're idea.. ya.. if u unhook the r/f speaker, and drive for a week w/ no problems... then its the r/f that's the issue -- BUT -- it might be hte amp and not the speaker... to test this, i would then rehook the r/f speaker.. but instead... hook it to the l/f lead... listen to it.. if it still cuts out --> bad speaker... if it doesn't --> bad amp (or something in the rca- but again, the "Swap" test on the rcas will check that).

Lildragon --> i dont have any pics, but if you check out

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/archive/pro75x4.cfm

that'll have specifications / picture / etc etc for the amp.
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited February 2003
    PBD, The problem doesnt always occur. I checked the leads at the amp and found that I somehow reversed the polarity on the L/F lead. The problem didnt happen today. But when it does it happens so fast. If I hear it again, I'll try reversing the L/F and R/F leads and see what happens. I was working on that theory this morning. Maybe I'll try it and see what happens. The click on the L/F would mean bad amp or RCA. Click on R/F would mean short or bad speaker. I would like to get a Power 4 channel amp. Probably would make the difference.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2003
    power 551X would be nice but that thing aint cheap...

what have u got on them now?
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited February 2003
    I have a Punch 600.4 running my stereo speakers. Drove my truck today. Of course it didnt happen.
    Chris
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited February 2003
    PBD, I didnt buy the Power 550X off Ebay. I just found out the shipping was really closer to $40. So instead, I bought one from SoundDomain.com. Total came to $252 and I should have it in a week or so.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    hey i got a working theory -- if u're left anr right speakers were out of phase --- then the singal is slightly difft for them so u'll get sound... but occasionally the waves may match nearly identically, cancelling out sound and hence u get diddily from the side that is out of phase with the rest of hte car.

just a theory -- probably not right -- oh well..lol.

re - amp - that's a good price on that amp -- that thing was like 400 and change at crutchfield. Can i have a seed from your money tree to plant in my backyard? lol
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited March 2003
    Would you belive that the noise has not happened in couple of days. Like I said, A Gremlin. I am going to try and sell the Punch 600.4 on Ebay when I remove it. How much do you think I can get? I have all the stuff that came with it. Good condition.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2003
    600.4 = 75 x 4 @ 4 ohms? ... with an RF name tag... i would venture to guess $125 or more used *2 - 3 yrs old* in good condition. if its newer than that... a bit more... if older... less.

hey... least the noise stopped... sometimes its just good its gone... and dont ask why... hehe.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    sometimes its just good its gone... and dont ask why... hehe.
    my theory too....
    -Cody
  • CPHILHOWER
    edited March 2003
    Guess what, It's back. The noise happened a couple of times today. Then went away. Really getting me mad.
    Chris
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2003
    if i were you
    first i would just switch channels, because thats the easiest thing to do
    if it still went on with the same speaker, switch rcas
    if it went to the other speaker than that means its your amp
    if you switch channels and rcas and it still made the noise, then that means its your speaker
    -Cody