Need help fitting subs into truck

Princston08
Princston08 Posts: 3
edited May 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey my last thread didn't really pick up so im going to try this one i need help with buying subs for my truck its a 2001 gmc seirra and i don't know what all can fit and what would be the best buy for not alot of air space.
Post edited by Princston08 on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited May 2009
    Get a tape measure and start measuring. I don't think anyone here has an 01 Sierra so finding the proper measurements is going to be up to you.

Best thing to do is get a tape measure, measure the space you have to stick a subwoofer and box and then go from there.

You will have to find your available space (make sure seats and such can move as far as you need them to) and come up with a box size that will allow you enough airspace in the enclosure without intruding in to the necessary space. Once you figure out how deep, wide and high your box needs to be then you can figure out what woofers will fit your application best.

Keep in mind that the woofer moves, quite far, out of the box. If the cone, in it's regular movement, is contacting something, like a seat back or even a grill, it will eventually damage the speaker and probably sound like crap all the way up to the point of destruction.

You will also want to make sure that you can secure the box without doing something like cutting a fuel or brake line, sticking a screw into a gas tank or shorting out an electrical connection. You will also need to figure out where the amp is going and you will need a place to put a ground point that IS NOT a seatbelt bolt or a seat bolt and such. You will also want easy access to run wires too. And don't laugh, I have seen all of the above stunts pulled with varying levels of success.

The reason your previous thread got no attention is the same reason your current thread gets no attention. Your question offers only a GMC Sierra of a 2001 vintage and asks "what fits?" Truth is, we don't know and if you aren't going to take the time to either measure or go and look up your truck on a place like http://www.crutchfield.com and see what fits for yourself, we can't suggest a subwoofer for you.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ebumdude
    ebumdude Posts: 35
    edited May 2009
    check out websites like:

supercrewsound.com

or

pickupspecialties.com

They make some pretty nice boxes for various model trucks with tight spaces.
    CAR:

- Kenwood DDX6019
    - MM6's & DB6501
    - Rockford P400-4
    - (2) MM2104's
    -TMA T1000.1

HOME:

(no polk gear yet....still wishing)