ugh

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited February 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
i got my new momo 12s today
soooo happy
installed them
it took soo long cuz i had to line up the grill, sub, and hole in the box from the previous subs
like almost 2 hrs probably
well probably like 30 minutes of that is because i put the grill on sideways
man that was stupid
lol
as if it werent enough
i wasnt smart enough to test them out before i screwed them all the way in
i turned the radio on expecting to hear it bump after a week with no bass
nothing
nada
zilch
nil
cero
i was so mad
i was thinking that i switched a positive and a negative from the terminal to the sub inside the box
cuz thats the only thing ive messed with
left all the other wires in place
called crutchfield
they confirmed my fear
now i have to unscrew them
and pray that was the problem
if its not
im going to cry
lol
tomorrow ill see
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    dude u're all wired -- unplug that ****... have a molson, and then go back to it...

i got 10 bucks says u just didn't hook up tyhe damn speaker wire to the subs inside the box cuz u were dickin around with gettin em to liine up so figgity ....

u've got a single chamber dont u? if so -- if a sub was outa phase u may not get any cone movement at all...

if u've got dual chambers then u'd prolly get movement but no sound (if i can remember right -- i played musical subs with the DX's for a while_.

Well here's hopin both you and chris can get your sub issues fixed promptly -- live long, and bass hard.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2003
    well,
    i unscrewed everything
    i found that the wire from the terminal to the speaker has been disconnected
    the wire is real short
    and i plugged it back in pushed the poly fill in and checked it again
    unplugged
    the poly fill...
    everytime i pushed it down it pulled the wire
    same thing on both subs
    working perfect now
    but i have one problem
    i was **** in the screws on one sub and top 3 screws went to a certain point and just kept turning
    im worried about an air leak
    will a wood filler help?
    put it in there, let dry, then screw it in
    or does anyone else have another idea?
    thanks
    -Cody
  • CPHILHOWER
    CPHILHOWER Posts: 343
    edited February 2003
    PBD, I have my subs working just fine. Its my Gremlin thats annoying me. I went to look into the matter yesterday, Of course didnt happen. I am considering getting a Power series 4 channel. Found a couple of Power 550X on Ebay for about $205 + shipping. I think it was about $20. This Dude has a very high seller rating.
    Chris
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    heh heh heh -- ya i replied to ure other post sayin a power 551X would be great -- 250 said aint done aint bad, they're 400+ retail.

... cody -- bigger screws man... chances are, u put htem in and out so many times that the holes are semi-stripped. just get a slightly fatter screw for those top three holes... wood filler is just gonna dry out and get brittle on you.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge