Report/Question New Audio Pro B1.35

Options
Ok, well I got the new Audio Pro B1.35 Sub today.
Looks very nice. Shiny Black Lacquer Finish. Fairly small. They even provide white cotton glovelets to take it out of the box and set it up.

First off, I found no Line-Level outputs. Oh-well, I have read that running the signal back into the main in can lose some information in the translation, so - no big deal. If I want to connect the speakers directly to the sub, however- I can due to there being speaker connections on the sub (the crossover is set to 100 hz according to the manual.

Then I found only ONE RCA input. Now what. It says to connect the providfed 20' RCA able to the subwoofer out connection on the preamp. I don't have a preamp. I don't even have a sub woofer connection on my integrated amp.

So, I connected it to the Tape 2 Out (Right), and it works- what is the disadvantage of this setup? I am leaning toward sending it back for this very reason- but the sub woofer sounds really good so far.
(help???)
Tony G - Gloucester, Va

Denon 1650AR CD
Phase Technology Power 12 Sub
Polk SDA 1
NAD 3400 Int Amp (100w)
NAD 6340 Cassette
Kenwood KT-31B Tuner
Post edited by TONYGVISINET on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2003
    Options
    So, I connected it to the Tape 2 Out (Right), and it works- what is the disadvantage of this setup?

My guess is that you have no volume control through the integrated. As you adjust the volume on your speakers the sub will stay at the same volume. If this is the case it will work but you have to adjust vol at the sub.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson