Anyone with any info (TS) on Eosone drivers??

lust4sound
lust4sound Posts: 3
edited April 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have 4- 6.5" drivers, they have a name and code on them, Eosone 1RD0005-2 (8w71) I also have 4 of the ring ribbon tweeters, the better ones found in the Eosone home speakers, last but not least, I have 4 of the 8" Eosone drivers.

I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding these? TS parameters?

I purchased them new on Ebay, my original plan was to build speakers, but I can't get TS parameters anywhere so I can't get a speaker design happening.

The seller promised that he would provide the TS parameters then flaked out on me. I tried getting the info from Polk, they are hush hush about it..

I ended up using all 4 of the 6.5's in my car audio system. I ran them in pairs 2 to a door wired parrallel to show the amp a 4 ohm load.. I am powering them with a Mmats Pro Audio SQ4160 bridged, my guess is they are seeing approx 310 to 330 watts per side, approx 160 watts rms per driver.

It was a big gamble for me, it took me about a week to fabricate an enclosure for these not knowing if they would even sound OK in an I/B config..

I will tell you this, my gamble paid off.. The dual midbass in a 3 way active setup with Mmats Pro audio 4.0 (4" Mmats midrange and large format tweeter) makes for an impressive front stage for an SQL system. I am surprised at how good these sounded I/B, considering they are designed to work in a small 2 way bookshelf speaker.

I had them tuned from 63HZ 12DB slope to 500HZ 18DB slope and I let the Mmats mids and tweets take over from there. With the delays set just right, I had live venue type sound (kick drums sounded like they were coming from a PA system at a metal concert) Fast and impacting with nice detail..

I had practically no use for my subwoofer section when listening to most music, 2-12W7's first powered by a Fosgate T30001BD (which I hated, no SQ as far as I am concerned) I later switched to a pair of SS Ref 700's which bought me down in power but tightened up the sub section..

In some situations, I had the subs nearly off to blend with the front stage, the subs seemed to get in the way of all this impacting midbass that I was getting from my front stage..

I later switched it up a bit to hear what they would sound like in a 2 way system.. I'll tell you, with the Mmats large format tweeter tuned to 3.2KHZ and the single pair of 6.5's in the stock location sounds incredible.. These drivers play effortlessly from 50HZ all the way up to 4KHZ.. The blend was nice too, just need some EQing..

Anyone use these drivers as midbass in car audio applications? If not, give it a try..

Anyway, I stepped up to big dollar drivers for my front stage so the experiment is over. I want to get back into my original plan of building home speakers with these drivers.. Need TS parameters to get correct tuning, enclosure volume, XO design etc..

Please help!!
Post edited by lust4sound on

Comments