Frequency Responce

Col_S
Col_S Posts: 16
edited February 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Does anyone know the frequency responce of the MM465 and the MM455 woofers are. The web page states it but includes the the tweeter responce which does tell what the actual woffers are. I am thinking about making a 3 way system with the two woffers and one tweeter.

Also is polk bringing out a a smaller sub than the 10" that i could also use for my 3 way system?

Colin
Post edited by Col_S on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    colin... i'm not sure, but i'm just guessing the frequency response of the 6.5" woofer is going to be from the bottom end of the listed response (so what is that 40 hertz? -- u wouldn't want to play them below 80 anyway at the minimum)... all the way up to like 4,000 hertz.

the 5.25" is up to 5,000 (same bottom end tho i think).

the only polk 8 you're going to find right now is the DX8 -- its a mid-sub... as it's not going to shake your car, but will play up to 200 hertz i believe. I kept kickin around doing a couple in my firewall or doors but ended up giving up on the quest.

there will be a momo 8" coming out around summer time... i'd wait on the momo, unless you want to thrill people with the story of your 4 year old "new" polk speakers... i've got people get in my truck and go "who the hell makes those?" i'm like "they're not THAT old dammit!"
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Col_S
    edited February 2003
    Cheers man. As for the 8" i have two 12s in the boot so was just looking for something to do the low notes in the front for the sound stage. A Momo 8 in the summer sounds good. Will be a lot longer before BBG gets them over here in the UK, they are still selling the MM120s and 100s as the new subs have not be launched over here yet. However I'm happy with that as i prefer them. I am thinking about putting a tweeter, a 5", a 6" and an 8" in my door all wired active of off 70watts RMS channel each and have 2 12" in the boot running off a 1000watt RMS amp.

Amps are Caliber Competition Pro and the speakers all Momo.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    sounds liek a really good idea ... the only thing i'd suggest is maybe doubleing your front power .. 70x 2 is a bit low--- 125 x 2 - 150 x 2 would really improve the performance of those speakers.

hey if you're looking to get ahold of new polk stuff quicker -- (so as then when summer rolls around you dont have to wait another 6 months to a year for the 8's...) you can try www.sounddomain.com / www.crutchfield.com ... both of those online stores based in the USA sell polk product almost immediately upon its debut, and they ship to Europe last i checked.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Col_S
    edited February 2003
    Sound Domain don't ship outside the US as i tryed to get stuff from them before but wont ship outside the UK. I used to have my 4 channel bridged to run the mids and tweeters through the supplied crossovers and bridged my amp runs at 2 x 225 watts so i turned the gain down to get about 150watts but it sounds better bi-wireing the tweeters and running the mids and tweeters active on 70watts each.