Do these covers pop off and snap back on?

Polk user
Polk user Posts: 311
edited April 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
From a Hyundai Sonata

IMG_0529Medium.jpg

IMG_0531Medium.jpg
Post edited by Polk user on

Comments

• Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited April 2009
    Possibly- you'd want to carefully remove your door panel to expose any mounting hardware for the sail panel first, just so you don't break it trying to pop it off directly.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,527
    edited April 2009
    My first guess would be there is a lip that the door skin covers up to prevent it from being ripped off... just going by how my truck was constructed. Although I know they are two different animals...

But then again, it could be the other way around. That top piece could pull off to reveal the mounting screws for your door skin... hehe
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited April 2009
    I would remove any screws from the door panel first and ply off the skin cover briefly before pulling off the top part where the speaker is mounted behind.

Usually, the screws can be found in the door handle if you have one and hidden behind the small round plastics as in the picture you posted. Do it slow, don't apply a lot of force before you are definitely sure there is no screw left to remove.

Good Luck!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin: