Wakeboard Boat Install

cbondura
cbondura Posts: 3
edited April 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys, looking for some ideas.... Here is my scenario.

I have a wakeboard boat with the following equipment.

--Kenwood Marine deck
--4-Polk 6.5 db's in the boat (4OHM)(Powered by Deck)
--4-Kenwood 6.5 on the tower (4OHM)
--1 Punch 12" P3 Sub (2OHM when bridged, Dual Voice Coil)
--1 Kenwood 4 Channel amp (4 OHM-Powering the tower speakers)
--1 Punch 500 (Powering the Sub)
--2 High Output Batteries

The system sounds good, but I want to swap out the Kenwood tower speakers for Polk MM6501UM (6.5 4OHM Marine Speakers) and move the speakers off the deck and onto a amp. Ideally I would like the amp(s) match for a better looking install. I have to worry about heat since the system is usually used on hot days on the lake :D

I would like to drive the entire system off 1 amp or at most two amps. I have limited space to work with. I have been looking at the Polk 5 Channel amp (PA 1100.5), but I am not sure if I can wire all eight 6.5's to it.

Can you guys toss me some idea's?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by cbondura on

Comments

• cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited April 2009
    2 amps will work a lot better with 8 speakers on one dedicated 4-channel plus they could use more power than 1100.5. or get rid of dbs and put one pair MM in boat and one pair on tower..
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited April 2009
    If you're in the KC area, let me know so I can ride behind...eerrr... check out your boat system to better help. :) Sorry, I'm a wakeboard (mainly wakeskating actually) junkie. But I don't have access to a boat really so I ride cable...

Sorry to thread jack. I think you'd be fine with all that off the 5ch but you'll always get more power off 2 amps but more power = more power draw. Know your electrical system and what it can handle safely.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.