**** up majorly with speaker selection

Options
larrykwiat
larrykwiat Posts: 44
edited February 2003 in Speakers
I recently bought a rm6200 package (rm1300 satelites and a rm1600 center) and a psw303 subwoffer to go with my yamaha htr-5560 receiver.

this is an entry level setup but for my ears sounds pretty good. I was browsing ebay and this guy is selling stuff pretty cheap. so I bid 100 bucks on a csi30 center speaker and get it. Now I am stuck with what to do:
1. use the csi30 as the center speaker and use my old center speaker (rm1600) as a rear center speaker.
2. sell my rm6200 package and get better satellites. What satelites would you recommend.

The basic question is will the csi30 which is a way better center speaker than the rm1300 satelites work allright or will it overmatch them....

I really appreciate your time and effort in understanding the question and commenting. I know some of these questions are really involved. thanks in advance
Post edited by larrykwiat on

Comments

• dbournival
    dbournival Posts: 131
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Try number 1, if YOU like the sound, you are all set. If you don't like it you can try #2, or resell the csi30 on ebay. I hate to say it but sometimes you just have to experiment.