Got the Speakers, all I need is the sense!

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey everyone, I have a pair of GNX104's, in a sealed Qlogic box at about a square foot per chamber.(there are two chambers, and the bo is divided down the middle) I have a rockford fosgate punch 300s giving out 150 to each sub. Here are my questions...on the power connection I had to cut away some of my power cable to get it to fit into the whole where the power goes, is there a connector out there that I can fit the whole power cable into, that will screw into the power connector location, and while on the amp, does anyone have any suggestions on how to set the amp up? as far as gain, or the Db to put it at? I have heard of polyfill...do I need any in my box? Well, I hope everyone has a good day, and thanks for helping me out!
Matt
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2003
    as far as the power connector goes
    im not sure what wire youre talking about but you should never have to cut wire to get it to fit
    i hope you wrapped it in some electrical tape or something
    im sure you can find a wire you wont have to modify to fit
    as far as gain goes
    u have to kind of play with it
    the way i like to do it is...turn ur gain all the way down and turn ur radio all the way up until your speakers start to distort...turn the radio down till they dont
    then go to the amp and do the same thing
    and poly fill
    go to ur nearest walmart...pick up a huge bag for almost free
    its in the fabric section
    i think its one lb per sq foot
    and it is supposed to help
    i have it in mine
    just spread it around in your box to its all even
    it is supposed to slow down the air waves in your box
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2003
    at 1 sq foot per chamber per gnx 10 -- i'd say you have enough air space there and dont need fill -- the box is probably big enough as it is... if they were 12's i'd say use the fill becuase that's a bit below their recc size(for the 12)

far as the wire goes -- cody i think he's sayin that like he's got allen screw downs (didn't know RF had those on anything short of a 1000bd/1500bd) but anyway.. if u have allen screws or whatever and a hole to pop your power wire into, if u had to trim some off then hey.. that happens... my 81000d's take 0 gauge, but i had to shave off like a tiny bit to squeeze the bugger in the hole... its no big deal. no use in buying an adaptor that's gonna do the same thing as you just did with a pair of cutting pliars.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge